Sign in to follow this  

Pictures of my new Teraflex 140/80 tire installed

Well I got my new tire yesterday and got it installed. Here are a couple pics. If the pics don't show for you let me know and I will upload them to imageshack.

222092_10150601742050343_653835342_18597742_3230647_n.jpg

227467_10150601969400343_653835342_18600362_5426868_n.jpg

225222_10150601970415343_653835342_18600373_7759209_n.jpg

224747_10150601969710343_653835342_18600365_922915_n.jpg

I also performed the 2nd and 5th gear mod and slapped on a 49T rear sprocket. The teraflex is a good 1-1/2" higher than my worn out kenda 4.50 tire. Can't wait for the rain to subside to try it out.

Edited by D0T-C0M

Pretty soft tire tho. Mine wore out faster then any other tire I ever had. Let us know how you do.

well my last tire which was a cheap Kenda lasted only about 800 to 1000 miles so if I can get close to 1500-2000 I'd be happy. We'll see I drive mostly in the woods, I'd say 70% trail 30% road. I'm a heavy set guy so maybe with the added weight the tire will spin less LOL

I had it out for about 15 minutes tonight in between rain showers and it hooks up quite well in the field. The field was wet and the grass was no match for it as the tire not once gave way even under hard throttle. I had to be careful because she lifts on command with 15/49 gearing. That being said you definitely don't want to put any amount of throttle on the pavement unless your on a straightaway. The rear and feels loose and definitely needs to be broken in for a few miles before I'd feel comfortable with it. The bike does roll well when entering and exiting a turn. My old tire was worn kinda flat so you do notice the difference. I can't wait to get a chance to give it a good ride in the bush, maybe this weekend.

I have had both versions, the Chinese, and the US. I got over 2000 miles out of the Chinese when I replaced it and it still had 1/3 the tread left. I replaced it because it was starting to have the knobs torn off from riding in very rocky terrain:foul:(Chinese version was notorious for this). I have around 500 miles of hard:ride: off road use on my new US version, and it is hardly showing any wear:thumbsup:. Most of that has been in the rocks and this one has a much better rubber compound and is holding up very well. If you ride in areas that have been slippery in the past you will fall in love with the tire.

Oh, and have fun with your riding buddy's when they get behind you:smirk:. They will learn to keep their distance, or stay in front of you.

I really like your bikes' paint scheme.

Would you post some more pictures ?

Did you use paint and/or vinyl on your side

covers? Also, where did you get the black

tool kit pouch? It goes so well with your seat.

I ran the Bridgestone m101 up front but all I have is mud and sand where I ride. Loved the terraflex for straight line grip. Hated the big ole' flexer for side bite. Wasn't there.

Switched to a Metzeller Six Days. Good straight line and side bite. Nice rebound, to early to tell but I feel it's going to wear quickly.

Looks sweet. DOT too, I assume? I don't think I've ever seen so many rubber feelers on one tire.

Yes Its marked D.O.T. approved on the tire.

I really like your bikes' paint scheme.

Would you post some more pictures ?

Did you use paint and/or vinyl on your side

covers? Also, where did you get the black

tool kit pouch? It goes so well with your seat.

The side covers where spray painted with Krylon Fusion paint. This paint is made for plastic and is very durable and does an excellent job. You can check out my FCR-MX videos on youtube

to see the paint scheme all around but I'm not finished. I'd like to put some black on the front fender and the gauges and I want to change the rear fender and light at some point in the future.

I got the black pouch off ebay.

How much racket does that bad boy make on the street?

It's loud when you nail the throttle but its relatively quiet when cruising. I got the pipe for free so no complaints but I would have preferred a quiet core for when I'm in the bush. If you check the youtube link I posted above, the sound sounds like crap in the video but sounds manly in real life LOL

Edited by D0T-C0M