3x3 mod, k&n filter, full system question

Fitted my k&n today and was wondering

I have smeared grease on the conical bit around the mesh on air box sealing surface and on inside of conical mounting area on the filter. The K&N instructions werent very clear in they just said smear liberally grease on the mounting plate.

Is the mounting plate the flat area or the conical shaped bit around the mesh on airbox??

It doesnt seem to be a brilliant fitment and was thinking i ought to get some kind of fabric gasket to put around the bottom outer edge of filter.

Have I greased the correct bit??

p.s. I am a total bike diy spaz!! :thumbsup:

Ive just done k&n filter & opened up the airbox & it already had full system.

Does it damage the engine to ride the bike without getting it rejeted?

I was planning to get done asap but plans have had to change so wont be able to get jetted for 2 weeks.

Add Title

You greae the rubber ring that contacts the airbox.

You will not hurt the bike by putting ht eK&N on and not rejetting. You already did a pipe and the 3X3 and did not rejet yet?

pipes been on for ages. Only just fitted k&n and opened up air box today. Anyway i have it booked in at local dyno centre to be done next week so I've taped hole back up till then.

What bhp gain should i expect?

Thanks

Stock carb? Nothing FCR? Maybe .5 hp on a worked engine.

what your saying a standard bike with full exhaust, performance filter and 3x3 modification will not get any power gain after jetting?

what your saying a standard bike with full exhaust, performance filter and 3x3 modification will not get any power gain after jetting?

No, you will definitely see some power gains around 3-5 hp. Your bike will be a lot quicker moving through 3-5th gears mainly because it is breathing better. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSJzVuMcs4U