Sign in to follow this  

Is this FCR compatible?

I know, I know, another "will this FCR fit" thread, but I haven't been in the market for an FCR until recently and for all the FCR's that I have looked at, I still realize that I know less than next to nothing about them....so can anyone tell me if this FCR is compatible, or if not what it would need to bolt up?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it! :thumbsup:

fcr2.jpg

fcr1.jpg

fcr3.jpg

I see a removable intake bell, that's good. I see an air cut off valve. And I see a wire for TPS. External AP linkage. Need a good left side and right side shot without shadows to tell anything more.

Used carbs can be problematic from wear. What is the plastic case? Jet kit for what?

Noble and Eddie, thanks. Those are the only pics that I've got. The jet kit says its a JD kit for a DRZ400E/K non-Cali, KLX400, Keihin 39mm FCR.

I know used carbs can be a hassle, maybe enough that I would rather just cough up for a TT FCRMX kit.....but the price might be right on this one to maybe take a leap.

So it could work from a WR? With the right intake bell it could do it?

I had a fcr39 like this from a WR , you also need 'E cables and of course 'E intake manifold and Sudco adapter .

These carbs where used first time at 1998 on WR and at 2000 they upgrade to fcrMX , now it's 2011...

I had a fcr39 like this from a WR , you also need 'E cables and of course 'E intake manifold and Sudco adapter .

These carbs where used first time at 1998 on WR and at 2000 they upgrade to fcrMX , now it's 2011...

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

And.....yeah, thanks for the food for thought, too..........

If I remember right, those early WR400 carbs had problems with breaking the plate that rides in front of the roller slide. Also check for body wear where the slide rollers track in the body.