I got a new rear Teraflex now what do you recommend for the front?

I love my front pirelli. +1 on the pirelli . go for the 90/100 so its fat like the rear too

The only thing stopping me from going wider is the fact that a 100/90 tire is also higher. I use a fork brace and don't want to run into problems by using a taller tire. Also the Scorpian Pro is back ordered here in Canada till Sept. eBay sellers only have the 90/90 21 listed.

The pirelli XCMH front is also a good choice- it is a bit higher profile than the scorp pro front, and the knobs give better hard-surface braking. It's more like the discontinued MT-18HD.

The scorp pro front is low-profile, has bigger knobbies, it likes to be ridden aggressively in the turns, if you are just lollygagging about it feels like the bike 'falls-over' a bit into turns.

Dave

I ride a lot of deep sugar sand and found the Pirelli MXMS:thumbsup: made a great match to my Teraflex. I was able to stop worrying:thinking: about my front end washing out in hard turns:foul:. The big pig just goes where I want it to now:banana:.

• 2 weeks later...
The pirelli XCMH front is also a good choice- it is a bit higher profile than the scorp pro front, and the knobs give better hard-surface braking. It's more like the discontinued MT-18HD.

The scorp pro front is low-profile, has bigger knobbies, it likes to be ridden aggressively in the turns, if you are just lollygagging about it feels like the bike 'falls-over' a bit into turns.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I just ordered 2 XCMH 80/100 (one for me and one for my cousin). While I liked the Scorpion Pro, I cannot get a it in a larger size except a 90/90 and I do not want a skinny front tire because its going to look weird. XCMH 80/100.

I have a Teraflex 140-80 on the back of my pig, and a Kenda K777 on the front. If you ride in deep sugar sand (like I do, in the Jersey Pine Barrens) it's a good combination. Put a rim lock on the front, inflate it to about 10 psi if you're riding in sand. The K777 is DOT legal, and not too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we both installed our XCMH tires on Monday and went out for an offroad ride and right away the bike handles much better. In the soft stuff its amazing, no more hunting. The steering seems lighter. Traction is much improved. So far I am very impressed. Its wider than my old tire but is the same height so it doesn't affect my shock brace.

The Teraflex is a big heavy pig of a tire meant for larger bikes than the XR. They also don't wear particularly well. I'd suggest ditching it as soon as it gets done for something better. I'm not sure what kind of terrain you use. I run IRC Volcanduros VE-33/35s. I'm not in love with them but they're light and cheap. I'm going to get a new rear soon, but I'm not sure what I'm going to run.

The MT-21 is one of my least favorite tires I have tried... Way too skatey offroad, but decent onroad. It is one of the few tires that consistently washes out.

I have had good luck with the Pirelli MT-44 and the MotoZ (not DOT, but sticks like glue...)

The XMCH looks like a good tire, I'll try one after my Mt-44's wear out

The MT-21 is one of my least favorite tires I have tried... Way too skatey offroad, but decent onroad. It is one of the few tires that consistently washes out.

I have had good luck with the Pirelli MT-44 and the MotoZ (not DOT, but sticks like glue...)

The XMCH looks like a good tire, I'll try one after my Mt-44's wear out

the mt 21 is what i mainly have experience with and have never once felt like it was going to wash out, it worked in all types of terrain i've riddin. the only thing i don't like about the mt 21 is it wears really uneven.

The Teraflex is a big heavy pig of a tire meant for larger bikes than the XR. They also don't wear particularly well. I'd suggest ditching it as soon as it gets done for something better. I'm not sure what kind of terrain you use. I run IRC Volcanduros VE-33/35s. I'm not in love with them but they're light and cheap. I'm going to get a new rear soon, but I'm not sure what I'm going to run.

I weigh 260lbs. so the bike has more weight to carry than the norm. So far we've had a very rainy spring and I have about 300 miles and there is very slight wear, tire works great and I'm loving it so far. My main criteria was the tire had to be DOT approved so I don't get hassled by the cops.

If it works for you, thats great. Dual sport dot legal tires are always a compromise, and its so terrain dependent. I'm 260 as well and it affercs me too, I have to run a couple more psi in the dirt than most people.

Nice tire but I'm not sure how that tire would do in the sticky mud. There is not much space between the lugs and would probrably fill up fast but don't get me wrong that tire does look nice. Thanks for the link.