Sign in to follow this  

Boots that add height

Can anyone suggest a website for dirtbike boots that add height. I know there is a german company that starts with an H but cannot find it anywhere. Also, I currently have Stella Alpinestars Tech 10s have any women taken to a shoe shop to have a thicker sole added? I'm looking for ways to get lower on my bike without changing to a lowering link.

I never heard of such a thing, but thinking about it, it seems that it would be very dangerous when standing on the pegs or trying to shift or brake. The boots would become very awkward with any meaningful thickness added, possibly unstable and harder to get the feel and command of the controls with. It's just hard for me to imagine it working well.:thumbsup:

I never heard of such a thing, but thinking about it, it seems that it would be very dangerous when standing on the pegs or trying to shift or brake. The boots would become very awkward with any meaningful thickness added, possibly unstable and harder to get the feel and command of the controls with. It's just hard for me to imagine it working well.:thumbsup:

I'd go with that and also the fact that the force exerted on your ankles would be worse as well? Think platform shoes and walk wobble

I hear where you are coming from on this one. I'd love to find a pair to give it a try.

Have you considered cutting out some of the seat foam? Also, on many bikes, a simple mod can raise the footpegs a little bit.

Can anyone suggest a website for dirtbike boots that add height. I know there is a german company that starts with an H but cannot find it anywhere. Also, I currently have Stella Alpinestars Tech 10s have any women taken to a shoe shop to have a thicker sole added? I'm looking for ways to get lower on my bike without changing to a lowering link.

Are you really trying to get lower on the bike? or are you really saying your legs aren't long enough to reach the ground so you need to find a way to extend the reach of your legs?

Modern bikes are stupidly tall. I understand they have longer suspension and often higher ground clearance than vintage dirbikes did, so that adds to height somewhat, but if you look at the bike's "girth", it is still WAY higher than it needs to be-there is often a ton of room above the engine and IMO the whole bike could be squashed down a bit. It seems like even 125cc bikes are geared toward people over 6 feet tall. Have you tried putting a thick insole into your boot? Just in the heel area? I don't know if it would work, just an idea :smirk: