Sign in to follow this  

MX Vs. ATV Alive... Who has it? Reviews?

Game is available. I can go over to Gamestop and pick up my copy after work.

People on the East Coast and Midwest have had all day with the game. Let's hear see some reviews!

I would like to know who likes it better than Reflex. I have owned every version and I just did not care for Reflex at all.

I would like to know who likes it better than Reflex. I have owned every version and I just did not care for Reflex at all.

Same here. I've owned/played every MX vs. going all the way back to when Atv Offroad Fury was the best "motocross game" for consoles. I also played MX Madness on the PC.

I completely rejected Reflex when it first came out. I downloaded the demo and spent some time with it and just hated the new physics and the way the game was presented.

It wasn't until Christmas of 2010 when my nephews got the game and I was stuck in Washington playing it with them everyday for two weeks that it grew on me. When I got home in January, I downloaded the full game and have only been playing Reflex for the last 5 months. Now I am convinced that it is the greatest MX game ever so I'm looking forward to seeing how they will improve with Alive.

... it grew on me. When I got home in January, I downloaded the full game and have only been playing Reflex for the last 5 months. Now I am convinced that it is the greatest MX game ever so I'm looking forward to seeing how they will improve with Alive.

+1 Using both joypads takes a bit to get use to but after I got use to it I fell in love with the game.

I was always fond of Excite Bike 64!

Ohhh... my true first favorite was the original Excite Bike! Never tried Excite Bike 64.

The engine (as in the physics engine) has some improvements, but it does take some getting used to. I find I can't control the bike in the air as well as I could in reflex, but its definitely an improvement on the ground...harder but more realistic.

I do like how weight transfer has a big effect on traction.

There are a LOT of things I don't like though.

Lack of tracks initially available. I've gotten gold on everything I can and I still have to GRIND like its an RPG game to unlock new tracks. GRINDING ISN'T FUN.

I can't choose a bike or gear that I want. I have to GRIND to get it too. There are no 250 2 strokes which are the only bikes I'm interested in. I can't choose the gear I have...I have to unlock it first. I wouldn't mind that if I didn't have to race the same tracks 5 times in a row to get them.

NO SUPERCROSS IS RETARDED....I will pay for the supercross just give it to me....SX is the reason I got the game and its missing. I'll pay the DLC cost but let me race SX.

I am more then willing to pay DLC costs for my bike, my gear, tracks....but there just not out yet :thumbsup:

I've played this game for 2 nights maybe an hour or two each night, I'm still restricted to 2 mx tracks, 2 short tracks (that mode is terrible), and 2 free ride maps.

Lack of supercross and the grinding they force me to do have really soured me on the game.

Oh yeah...THEY TOOK OUT THE PLAYABLE LOADING SCREEN. Why would they do that, I hate looking at the loading screen, I loved the playable one.

Lack of tracks initially available. I've gotten gold on everything I can and I still have to GRIND like its an RPG game to unlock new tracks. GRINDING ISN'T FUN.

I can't choose a bike or gear that I want. I have to GRIND to get it too. There are no 250 2 strokes which are the only bikes I'm interested in. I can't choose the gear I have...I have to unlock it first. I wouldn't mind that if I didn't have to race the same tracks 5 times in a row to get them.

NO SUPERCROSS IS RETARDED....I will pay for the supercross just give it to me....SX is the reason I got the game and its missing. I'll pay the DLC cost but let me race SX.

I am more then willing to pay DLC costs for my bike, my gear, tracks....but there just not out yet :thumbsup:

I've played this game for 2 nights maybe an hour or two each night, I'm still restricted to 2 mx tracks, 2 short tracks (that mode is terrible), and 2 free ride maps.

Lack of supercross and the grinding they force me to do have really soured me on the game.

Oh yeah...THEY TOOK OUT THE PLAYABLE LOADING SCREEN. Why would they do that, I hate looking at the loading screen, I loved the playable one.

I'm sure a code will show up on the Internet sooner or later that let's you get all the locked tracks/gear/bikes that ship with the game.

I'm with you. I've been playing the MX games so long that I don't need to "experience" the game's story or grind my way through some game. MX vs. is the closest thing to Madden for us. We are already pros. Give us full access so we can get to the racing.

Until I read your post, I was excited about the DLC model since I figured it was a way to give us hardcore players all our content and still provide little kids all the garbage stuff like monster trucks.

Now I'm worried about the DLC model too, especially if the extra tracks that are being sold as DLC aren't available at release. I had it in my head that I would bring the game home, start playing and there would be 15 to 20 tracks sitting there on the xBox live store ready to go for sale.

I was also hoping that they would improve on the playable loading screen, maybe take it a notch or two further and have a full SX track on it... not a step backwards and take it away.

What about online play? That's what I buy the game for. I'm hoping they've improved online play. Any comments?

BTW, what system are you on?

No sx whaaaat!!!!

I like the physics and how easy you could throw the bike around on in the air on Reflex better.

The ground riding though on Alive is more realistic, same with the engine sound.

Just to clarify, you are able to unlock 250 2 strokes eventually right? If not, no way am I buying it...

The upgraded frame helps you throw the bike around a lot more. I'm not sure why though.

i like it. im a reflex junky. whips are ugly but i guess there is an scrub perk at level 45 or something. game is growing on me. sucks with the ps3 problem. im level 14.

oh ya no panic rev or break tap

I'm playing on the 360, I really want to like this game....but I just cant. Reflex is better.

There are 125 two strokes....250 2 strokes should be available as DLC.

I'm at level 11 now so I just got some new tracks. Don't care, I want supercross. I prefer reflex, I'll probably re-visit this game when an unlock code comes out, or when SX tracks become available.

reflex is way better! kind of dissapointed in this game, i dont really see where the game is going and im up to level 12 already

Can I build my own tracks like the Motocross Madness platform? Feed it a paramater sheet, and it will render??