Looking for some Michigan riders.....

I'm 44 and in the Kalamazoo area. I'm relatively new to dirt but have ridden street bikes since I was 16. Looking for some people to ride with.

What type of riding are you planning on doing??? Mx or trail..

If you want to do MX you live close to dutch MX look up thier website for open rides and go.. You will meet people there.. The best thing about this sport is most people are willing to help out.. Just start talk with people and they will help.. If you want to trail ride.. the same applies and you atleast started at the right place.. Go down to the area sections of this forum and look up the midwest and post the same question..

Good luck..

I live on the east side of the state, but was transplanted there from portage. I have a couple of friends that live in your general area that I still ride with. I don't really hit tracks, just ride up north. We are actually heading up to baldwin this friday for the weekend, if you are interested, shoot me a pm and I can give you more details.

Check out the Cycle Conservation Club as well. You can meet and ride with lots of great people and families.

www.cycleconservationclub.org

I'm 44 and in the Kalamazoo area. I'm relatively new to dirt but have ridden street bikes since I was 16. Looking for some people to ride with.

I'm just down the road from you. I live just south of Bangor, between Kazoo and South Haven. I'm meeting a couple people from this site in Baldwin over Memorial day weekend. We're riding Saturday, Sunday and probably Monday as well. Here is my post from the XR250/400 section. I noticed a lot of those guys were from Michigan and since I post in there a lot,, figured I'd try and get some of them out for a ride. It's in the "XR" section but anyone who wants to come up and ride along is welcome. It's a "run what you brung" event. I'll probably bring both my XR400 and KTM450 just cuz I can and in case I or someone else needs a backup bike. Your welcome to join in if you like. :thumbsup:

More details here, last page is most updated - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971565&page=3

Just keep watching this forum. There are always people trying to get rides together.

Just keep watching this forum. There are always people trying to get rides together.

Yeah, speaking of that.... I think we all need to quit doing all that "required" stuff around the house (guilty) and get out and ride.

Yeah, speaking of that.... I think we all need to quit doing all that "required" stuff around the house (guilty) and get out and ride.

I didn't think you rode anymore, just used it more for a conversation piece:pj/k

I have already put 4 tanks of gas through my bike this season, 5 if you include the snow scramble in Feb. What is your excuse.

I didn't think you rode anymore, just used it more for a conversation piece:pj/k

No you didn't! haha That's okay Gary I got in two days of riding at spring break until the snow fell and you rode how many times this year? :thumbsup:

I have already put 4 tanks of gas through my bike this season, 5 if you include the snow scramble in Feb. What is your excuse.

My money tree is dry, its a sad thing when i'm starting to realize i may not be able to afford it this yr:foul::thumbsup:

No you didn't! haha That's okay Gary I got in two days of riding at spring break until the snow fell and you rode how many times this year? :confused:

probably 6 times behind my parents with my kids riding a jr80:p

My money tree is dry, its a sad thing when i'm starting to realize i may not be able to afford it this yr:foul::thumbsup:

probably 6 times behind my parents with my kids riding a jr80:p

LOL

Better than nothing!

wow, I've been out once so far. I will be heading up to Boon in week though, but with fuel being what it is, my year is going to be skimpy.:thumbsup:

Why couldn't I have gotten into trail riding back in 1991, when fuel was only $.91/gal? That way I would feel as bad as I do with only 2.5 years of riding under my belt.

So, has the OP'r got scared off? no reply from him yet.

im waiting on parts but im always up for some trail riding iv bin riding dirt an road most of my life pluse race dirt track, i have a drz400 in the works right now just got to get some spark once thats clear ill be back at it, cant wait my last dual sport was a klr650 that was three years ago, so i plan on hitting the trails every chance i get, any of you guys seen the movie terra ceirrca they road dr350's around the world after seeing that movie i had to get another dual-sport, but anyways im in the thumb waiting on parts :thumbsup:

I feel for the peeps that the economy has caught up to, it finally got to me too. Sadly, I will probably only be able to go on one or two rides this season. So far, all I have been doing is cleaning my bike, lol!!!

:smirk:

I've only been out twice this year to trails and 2 or 3 back road dual sport rides around home. Waaaaay down from last year at this point. 4 + a gallon is killing the fun budget for sure. I go out in the garage and just sit on them sometimes, already as clean as thier gonna get. Man I hope Memorial day weekend weather turns out good. I need a ride for some stress releif, big time!

Nellie67 - I live in West Michigan in the Grand Haven vicinity. I'm a fairly new rider myself. We ride Cedar Creek north of Muskegon, go to Silver Lake on occassion, and also up near Baldwin where there are a lot of trails. Send me a private message if you'd like to go out with us (me and a few riders I know) sometime.

Nellie67 - I live in West Michigan in the Grand Haven vicinity. I'm a fairly new rider myself. We ride Cedar Creek north of Muskegon, go to Silver Lake on occassion, and also up near Baldwin where there are a lot of trails. Send me a private message if you'd like to go out with us (me and a few riders I know) sometime.

I live up in Ludington, figured i'd post where i'm at