how does the bike perfom on jumps?

Hey guys i just bought a 2008 crf150r expert i love the bike and the power! i have only took it out ounce to trails, ive hit miner jumps and i just cant get it right! on the lower angle jumps i do just fine when the jump is alittle steep my front tire goes straight down! any sugjestions PLEASE HELP i want to know my problem before i go to the track. Thnks in advance..

I had the same issue.....I find that when your in the air gas it once....(when you spin the back tire the back end lowers......the front brake lowers the front end in the air also.) Make sure you are giving it a little gas right before you land to take some force off the suspension.

Hope this helps.

0honda

The 150r has a lot more engine braking than your 100f, don't close the throttle on the jump face. steady throttle up the face will launch you nicely.

Stopping the front tire in the air will cause a rough landing, just as if you rode a wheelie long enough for the front tire to stop, you set it down and you'll get the wobbles.

The stock suspension works great.

Thanks ALOT everyone really helped! Just a nother question to the owners of a 150r, how often do you reccomend oil change?

You will get a wide range of answers on this question. I ride mostly trails and some MX when I can, and I change mine about every 15 hours. Oil still looks good and could probably go a little more, but it's not worth the risk IMO. Just use good oil and change regularly and you should be good.

Well i probubly going to go wih 15 hours as well becouse i do about 70% of my riding trails. Has anyone messed with the "shock preload for your weight"???

I put stiffer springs on for my weight (150lbs). I rode it for a year, then sent it off to be revalved this winter. I haven't had a chance to put too many hours on it yet this spring due to weather, but the riding I've done seems like it's a definite improvement. The only problem I'm having now is getting my front sag correct. I may have to drop to a lighter spring.

15hrs I feel is too long on the tranny side. Stock clutch does run hot and if your a rider of tight trails, the clutch is abused. My clutch is not stock and I change every 4-5 hrs. Motor I change every 6-7 hrs and filter every othe change when racing otherwise 8-10. Air filter cleaned after every days ride. I use a lighter filter oil and cleaning is a 5 minute job. I also have a back-up filter that I alternate. Air filter is every bit important as oil and gas!

Throttle out on jumps and use the rear brake for wheel adjustment. Front brake is a big no-no for beginners. Ever land with the front wheel stopped?? You will only do it once!

The 150r has a lot more engine braking than your 100f, don't close the throttle on the jump face. steady throttle up the face will launch you nicely.

Stopping the front tire in the air will cause a rough landing, just as if you rode a wheelie long enough for the front tire to stop, you set it down and you'll get the wobbles.

The stock suspension works great.

I came from a bored out crf100f (106cc) up to a crf150rb. You are 100% right about the engine braking. Way different. The wieght is different. Different center of balance, Suspension change. All that. But once you get on a 150rb......your riding skills will improve rapidly. I can already almost touch the bars to the ground in turns. (with a berm). I can sorta whip.....still workin on it though.

You now own a race bike. This is nothing like your xr 100. Change your oil on both sides no longer then 5 hrs. It may look clean at 10 but oil brakes down and becomes less effective with what it has to do. You can get away with the oil filter every other change, but oil filters are cheap and I change mine when I change my oil. A lot more maintenance involve with this bike. Make sure you clean or change air filters after every ride. I own about six air filters and I swap them out after every race or practice. If you never messed with the suspension, have someone that knows what they are doing help you so you dont mess it up. Its not hard to set the sag and make adjustments once you are shown the correct way. I dont know what your weight is, but having the correct spring rate and having your suspension adjusted properly is the most important thing you can do. If you have the money, get a private lesson from a local pro to teach you the basics for mx. Best money you will ever spend. Good luck