Safety wire

Does anyone have a picture of how they safety wired their steering stem nut? Did a search and couldn't find it. After 25 years of riding had one come loose on me last weekend, so I figured I could use the extra security. I loctite it, but don't know what happened. I searched around tt but couldn't find any pics.

you would need to drill a hole on the corner. then need a point to safty ty it to the clamp..

safty wiring is not designed to keep a bolt torqued its only there to prevent it from coming off..

use a dab of silicone

Safety-wiring looks cool, but is a major hassle. I only do it on my grips.

The steering stem nut should be torqued to 100 Nm, which is very tight for an aluminum nut. Use a torque wrench and all will be good.

I also clean all parts good, then put a small amount of oil on the threads and on the washer. This ensures the torque goes in the thread, and not being lost to friction elsewhere.

you would need to drill a hole on the corner. then need a point to safty ty it to the clamp..

safty wiring is not designed to keep a bolt torqued its only there to prevent it from coming off..

I know it doesn't keep it torqued, but didn't want to lose it. It has only happened once in 25 years, I probably won't worry about it and just keep doing what I have been.

clean threads and blue thread locker works perfectly on every fastener I torque. I personally like the gel thread locker and don't safety wire anything on a motorcycle except the grip under the donut.