xr650r hiccup

07 xr650r with honda hop up kit. pro circuit pipe , k&n air filter. Runs great until you snap the throttle wide open and then "hiccups". Bad when you come across a ditch and stall instead of jumping over . (bad for ribs) Put bigger main jet . Then bigger . Up to 180 . Still hiccups. Thinking of moving needle clip down one from the 3rd now. Any one know what may save me some tinkering and TINKERING with the carb? Or should I just get a pumper carb?

Well...........reckon I'll try a mikuni pumper carb. Almost 500 bucks , but cheaper than a new 450x. LOVE the 650! GREAT bike!

This is NOT how they run. You have a jetting problem. I have the stock carb, uncorked, airbox mod, and PC can. If I whack the throttle it has a SLIGHT hesitation and then just PULLS. I get SLIGHTLY more hesitation whacking the throttle from just below mid throttle. I am at sea level, ~60 degrees, 180 main, 168s, comp needle, 3rd clip. My plug has started getting sooty as it has been hitting 80-90 degrees instead of 50-60 so I am going to drop to a 175, and maybe the 2nd clip.

Never has it hesitated so bad it dies, or slows down. It just doesn't go as much as you would expect. Try your clip one up, or lean it out some. To help any more we need to know temp, alt, and jetting.

Thanks you guys . May try bumping my clip up one . Ordered a new mikuni pumper . Kind of tired of screwing with the carb . I don't want ANY hesitation or hiccup. If my bike doesn't run perfect after the new carb ...........Ahh, it will! Thanks , hopefully dialed in by end of next week and can go to Moab.