Sign in to follow this  

CR250 Clutch Cover

So, last couple of races I noticed my right boot was oily.I'm thinking spooge,then I notice the clutch cover is oily too.Seems I wore a hole in the cover where my boot rubs.Its magnesium so there's nothing I can do with it other than glue.I was thinking if anyone has one laying around Id like to have one.Oh yeah, its an 07.I just never thought I could wear a hole in it.Ive got the H wore half off too!

Dude, do you not check the oil level before every ride? Or ever for that matter... :thumbsup::confused:

Dude,I change my oil before every race.Lately its been so wet I havent been able to ride between races.Im talking about barely visible amount of oil not dripping into a puddle amount.So I take it you dont have a spare cover?

Boyesen makes aluminum ones. Might be a bit more durable then a stock one if it is magnesium. Sorry, I don't have a stock one for a 250.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/1505/

I may have to go that route.Aluminum can be repaired.Im trying to race a full season of HS this year and money is tight.Seems epoxy doesnt stick to magnesium very good.

By the way thanks for the web site they seem to have better prices than some.

I may have to go that route.Aluminum can be repaired.Im trying to race a full season of HS this year and money is tight.Seems epoxy doesnt stick to magnesium very good.

By the way thanks for the web site they seem to have better prices than some.

I haven't found a site yet that beats their prices on most of the stuff I buy. I love that site.

I was just messing with you man...no I don't have an extra cover.

But dude EBAY has those exact same covers for under a $100...

grind off the PC (inside/outside)

see if you can get a powder coat shop to cook it for you for one cycle in the oven (it WILL NOT BURST INTO FLAMES)

JB KWICK the crack inside/outside

RIDE

(repeat if you rub thru again)

exactly what i did to my CR500 cover that had a crack in it