Sign in to follow this  

footpegs

wondering what the stock footpegs are made of and can they be welded?I see a crack in 1 of mine and I know they are not steel.

seems she supposed to have stainless steel pegs,I will try welding them myself.Seems you can't remove the right peg without removing the clutch cover,pin will hit it.Kinda stupid design if you ask me.

Can, but with a TIG you can get a smaller, prettier weld on small parts like that. MIG will work, just will need to do some grinding to make it look less obvious.

well its not stainless,seems somebody changed the peg on that side only.Magnet will not stick to it,seems like aluminum to me.Will take it to a machine shop to get welded.

still not sure what kind of metal it is,its light like aluminum but it wouldn't weld with aluminum.Guess its time for a new 1.

still not sure what kind of metal it is,its light like aluminum but it wouldn't weld with aluminum.Guess its time for a new 1.

magnesium?

Whatever they are I bent one on my 05 kx 125 and heated it up a bit and twisted it back into somewhat shape as a band aid until the new one got in at the local stealership and it bent worse then it was before the first time i landed a decent size jump on it. They are like 40 bucks a pop at the stealer.

I was thinking of buying the cheap steel ones.

I think moose has a cheap set. If you only need one just go OEM. if you need a set get a set of moose or something. I had a set of pro taper platform pegs and although they were huge and were nice, the dang cleats woudl wear out SUPER fast. The pegs were like 200 bucks and it was 90 for a set of replacement cleats or something like that. I dont want to have to drop 90 twice a year for new cleats so i gave them away with my 07.