Sign in to follow this  

Supercross RV so exciting Not

The only person I didn't want to win more than RV was JS, but to call RV not exciting is laughable. He's a great rider and super fast. Not going for broke in Vegas was why he won the championship, and like others have said, had he gone balls out all the way and crashed out everyone would have been asking what the hell? I hope he never wins a championship again, but I hope he races every full season there is to race again, because he mixes it up, is fast and pushes everyone else, and rides on that edge, and makes the season more exciting for sure.

A real champion would want to win the race regardless of points. And the only reason the guy is employed is because of the fans, who want to see a race rather than "I'm just gonna let Reed go by, it's cool"

I have no doubt Poto would have liked to have gone out and won that race - really put an exclamation point on the championship. IMHO, he could have. Until the Stewart yard sale, he was pushing Windham and Stewart pretty hard. It appeared to me he was reeling them in, ever so slowly. But, in the end, he did the only intelligent thing a man could do. Even the GOAT said, if he were in Poto's position, he would get out of the way and let Reed and Dungey by.

Thinking back on the series - how many races did Reed win? Two.

How many races did Dungey win? One

How many races did Stewart win? Five.

AND, how many races did Villopoto win? Seven.

The absolutely most deserving person won that championship, period.

rv is so lame...... get real man. you do realize that he did the intelligent thing to preserve the championship. oh, and by the way, he still beat 17 of the 20 riders out on the track.

why do people have to hate so much?

anyway, screw sx. who's ready for outdoors?

A real champion would want to win the race regardless of points. And the only reason the guy is employed is because of the fans, who want to see a race rather than "I'm just gonna let Reed go by, it's cool"

Wt-f ? He is only employeed because of his fans?? Yeah your right there smart guy, his fans MUST be the only reason RV is the 2011 SX champ..:thumbsup:

Chad knew the only way to win was if poto was on the ground, the best place to avoid that is 3rd place, still a podium too. Very smart riding. No accident either.

• Like 1

He pushed hard for a portion of that race and held the lead for a while...He was not "passed" by Reed or Dungey he let them by in a calculated move to avoid potential disaster and he was closing in on 7 and 14 before the pile up....

Haha! If RV is only employed because of the fans, what does that say about Chad Reed. He couldn't even get a job. The fans must all hate him. :thumbsup:

Where are the :facepalms: when you need them. The ultimate goal in running a series is to win the Championship. Seems to me that RV did just that.

I see the FMOTP layed down the 3rd fastest lap ......... and I would think that RV was having trouble concentrating knowing he was about to win his first Championship and wisely backed it down before he threw it away , if JS had that mentality he would have alot more Championships IMO

He did what he should have done, but what happened to the days of victory laps with insane whips, wheelies, and stopies:confused:

MAX!!!

Agreed. Still would have liked a closer battle at the end though. Championships are where everyone SHOULD have to go all out, not just cruise. Regardless, RV still did what he had to do

I have no doubt Poto would have liked to have gone out and won that race - really put an exclamation point on the championship. IMHO, he could have. Until the Stewart yard sale, he was pushing Windham and Stewart pretty hard. It appeared to me he was reeling them in, ever so slowly. But, in the end, he did the only intelligent thing a man could do. Even the GOAT said, if he were in Poto's position, he would get out of the way and let Reed and Dungey by.

Perfectly stated. I think it was Villopoto's time anyway. Besides that, when I had a heart attack that nearly killed me in May of 2010, RV was down healing up his broken leg. He signed a "get well soon" jersey for me which I've framed and hung proudly in my office. He came back to win the championship and that shows grit, dedication, and talent never before seen (at least in my life time):thumbsup: I hope he does great outdoors and wins that too but he's got a hot GF and wedding coming up and I'm not sure even RV can maintain his edge through all that:lol::worthy::lol::busted: There's not much left he has not already won.:confused:

I doubt RV thinks it was boring to WIN the championship..........................

Perfectly stated. I think it was Villopoto's time anyway. Besides that, when I had a heart attack that nearly killed me in May of 2010, RV was down healing up his broken leg. He signed a "get well soon" jersey for me which I've framed and hung proudly in my office. He came back to win the championship and that shows grit, dedication, and talent never before seen (at least in my life time):thumbsup: I hope he does great outdoors and wins that too but he's got a hot GF and wedding coming up and I'm not sure even RV can maintain his edge through all that:lol::smirk::lol::moon: There's not much left he has not already won.:busted:

Damn John !! I didn't know about that .... Im glad your still with us :confused: and hope your doing good ...... thats cool about the jersey :worthy:

Wrong.

He's employed to make the brand of bike he rides look good.

Kawasaki wouldn't be able to print "The 2011 SX Championship-Winning KX450F" in their ads if Ryan threw it all away trying to create "entertainment".

He's paid to win races, and that's exactly what he did.

It doesn't hurt that RV's trainer use to be JS's trainer at one time too. I can hear him saying to RV "ride smart cause you will win by attrition" :thumbsup:

I never said he didn't deserve the championship.

Wt-f ? He is only employeed because of his fans?? Yeah your right there smart guy, his fans MUST be the only reason RV is the 2011 SX champ..:thumbsup:

No need for the sarcasm, thanks.

I'm saying all of their money is made because of the fans. If no one showed up to watch Supercross, none of those guys would be out there. Yes, they are a marketing tool for the manufacturers but if no one showed up to the races, it wouldn't be very good marketing. Can they print in the magazines, "The 2011 SX Champion-Winning KX450"? Sure they can, but unless you're a supercross fan then what the hell would that even mean to you? Who cares?

No doubt...fastest lap in the whole race...

"Average lap time" says it all.

You guys can't really tell me you didn't care. No one wants to see the champion lagging back in 3rd place and letting people go by. I wanted a race. That's all.

EDIT: Side note, I lol'd at "Stewart yard sale"