question about selling 02 kx125

hey all,

I'm going to try to sell one of my bikes, 02 kx125, moving into a new house and just don't need it, it never gets used or anything. Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys think it should go for in your areas. Most around here seem to be about 2k give or take a bit for the gen in good condition and so on. crazy I know! i was thinking of tryign for 1250 (cad) for it.

the bike runs great, it just needs to have the idle screw adjusted. has about 14 hours on it since it was rebuilt last spring. it isn't in perfect condition aesthetically though, the pipe (stock like most of the bike) apparently had been 'fixed' before i picked it up. there's some patch welded on (its pretty funny can't lie) and the pipe is dinged up like it was dropped a bunch whoever had it before I did. lastly it has smaller excel rims/wheels on it, these are the huge problem trying ot sell it which is why im hoping a decent drop will help sell it. it's running 15" and 17" I think. I'll verify tonight and get a few pics for you guys.

what does it sound like it's worth selling for? I realize the wheels are going to hurt trying to sell it and the beat up pipe but hoping a good chunk under the 'normal going' price would help get rid of it reasonably fast.

Thanks!

pics to coem tomorrow sometime

I picked up my mint 05 with original tires from the original owner last month for 900 bucks. I think that was just a rare occurance though. 02's in good shape around me bring around 1200 even though everybody thinks they are worth 2k (this is american currency).

Yea, I hear ya. people here tend to think bikes are worth more then they are. I'm hoping I can get 1k-1250 (would be happy at 1k), but with the smaller wheels and pipe worried i wont booo

Yea, I hear ya. people here tend to think bikes are worth more then they are. I'm hoping I can get 1k-1250 (would be happy at 1k), but with the smaller wheels and pipe worried i wont booo

2 stroke bikes are more desirable right now, they are making a resurgence since they are fun.:thumbsup:

Put it this way, i always rode two strokes, got a 250f after a few years of mx riding on two strokes, really liked it at first. At the time it was the only bike i had. I picked up that 05 kx 125 and my 250f sat. Sat so much that i traded it. Long story short I made out really well on a trade and sold the bike i tookfor my 250f, and now have the funds for an 11 kx250f efi without working a second towards that aspect of funds to pay for it. I'm almost hesitant to buy one because i'm not sure i'll want to ride it.

TT should require a HUGE RED NEON FLASHING grpahic everytime someone from Canada posts asking about prices.

Look around on Canadian sites to see what other people are asking for their bikes to get a good idea of what to ask for yours. Since almost everyone on here is not from your local area, it is tough to make a wild guess as to what they are going for in your particular area.