yosh or fmf?

which should i buy? can get a great deal on either. looking for a little more bottom to mid. gearing is 13 49.

FMF Megabomb.... Found whole exhaust system used on ebay for $350. Also i got the powerbomb header with it. It made a huge power difference on my 07 rmz 250!

I've had both full systems on my 08. First the FMF with a power bomb header and then a Yoshi SS. The power didnt seem too much different between the two, but the quality of the Yoshi is way above the FMF. The can on my FMF cracked in half at the mounts within 8 months of buying it just from riding, no real crashes. FMF wouldnt warranty it so I had to suck it up and buy a new one. Needless to say I wasnt going FMF again.

And really, the Yosh just looks way cooler.

I've had both full systems on my 08. First the FMF with a power bomb header and then a Yoshi SS. The power didnt seem too much different between the two, but the quality of the Yoshi is way above the FMF. The can on my FMF cracked in half at the mounts within 8 months of buying it just from riding, no real crashes. FMF wouldnt warranty it so I had to suck it up and buy a new one. Needless to say I wasnt going FMF again.

And really, the Yosh just looks way cooler.

You couldnt get your fmf welded? But i couldnt agree more the yoshi is sooooo much cooler..

:thumbsup:

haha ya, I was going to get it welded, but it was almost impossible to get the can of the core with it being cracked almost all the way around. It didnt look too pretty after. I got a too good to be true deal on the Yosh anyways.

FMF buy American!

I just paid $341 for a full Ti RD-4 system directly from Yoshimura's clearance site. As others have said, not much performance difference but night and day as far as fit and finish

FMF buy American!

Did you trade in your quality built Suzuki for a Cannondale when they came out just because they were American made? lol

FMF buy American!

I believe Yoshimura exhaust is designed in Japan, but they do actually build them in America - and I'm pretty sure it says on their website somewhere. :thumbsup:

ive run FMF on my smokers for years and i had the FMF 4.1 Ti slip on, the performance was good, but the quality was nowhere near as good as the yosh. the yosh pipe is a work of art.