Sign in to follow this  

Need help crf 150

I have a 2003 CRf 150f I bought it yesterday boy I got it off of said It jumped time it's not getting no fire to the spark plug and before it quit running it was backfiring and bogging I need help and to no what is exactly wrong and where is the cam chain tensioner located

No idea what the actual problem might be but if you do a search. Someone just recently posted the manual for the bike. You can use this to see how to get at the cam tensioner.

Unless there is other damage there should still be a spark on each revolution of the crankshaft, valve timing however is another thing. If the cam chain has jumped a tooth or two you may have valve damage!!!

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/yeltrikmotorsports/Honda_OEM/HondaDB.asp?Type=13&A=222&B=6

Item number 5

its low down on the rear left side of the cylinder

Maybe you should get a workshop manual for it?

Thanks mxscotty I thing all I need is that bolt cause the dude I got it off of just said the timing chain was loose and I looked at the bolt and thetip of it is just silicone in the whole so thT is all I think I need is the bolt

Thanks mxscotty I thing all I need is that bolt cause the dude I got it off of just said the timing chain was loose and I looked at the bolt and thetip of it is just silicone in the whole so thT is all I think I need is the bolt

Item 10 will NOT sort out your problem, behind item 10 is an automatic spring loaded ratcheting adjuster that self-adjusts to put pressure on the 'slack side' of the timing chain. If that is faulty (the presence of goo suggests so:banghead:) then the chain may have been 'slack' and slipped around the cam sprocket which will most likely have trashed the valves.

You need to determine wether or not the marks on the cam sprocket are in the correct position in relation to the crankshaft markings when at TDC on the compression stroke.

You REALLY need a manual or a friend who knows what he's looking for IMHO

Ian :thumbsup: