2011 Goldenspike information -

Washington

Round 4 of the 2011 NMA Offroad Series....

2011goldenspike.jpg

Is there any riding areas close to Packwood with an open field for absolute beginners?

Is there any riding areas close to Packwood with an open field for absolute beginners?

Would this be for a wife/girlfriend or kids? Not that I know of. I know most of Gifford Pinchot trails will still be under snow (the good trails.)

I wouldn't call you an ABSOLUTE beginner.:thumbsup:

I was planning to come up Friday and leave Sunday morning. I would love to find a field for some true beginners. Approximately how long is each lap?

David

Also, what is the % of asphalt to dirt? 35% asphalt 65% dirt?

Also, what is the % of asphalt to dirt? 35% asphalt 65% dirt?

mileage is probably close to what you have there i'd guess, but time you ride is more like 20% pavement 80% dirt. The pavement is really fun if you dont ride much of it normally i think. At least i always have fun with it!

Would this be for a wife/girlfriend or kids? Not that I know of. I know most of Gifford Pinchot trails will still be under snow (the good trails.)

You're right. I made it to about 3,000 ft before I hit snow the other day (I was surprised I made it that high). It's going to be a while before the good stuff is clear.

I think someone else needs to take pics this year so I can sweep the races. :smirk: I love this place. I am like a kid in a candy store... pavement, dirt, bark, loading bay docks, it has a ton of variety that I don't get to play on normally. :smirk:

Was out there Saturday for a work party. The ground was moist but not slick, the grass was green, and the pavement dry. :smirk:

Watched the SCCA race around.

Can't wait until the race weekend!

What is the SCCA?

What is the SCCA?
Sport Car Club of America I believe.