Sign in to follow this  

New member, looking at '81 xt250

Just happened across this forum looking for parts and thought I'd post asking for some help/suggestions.

A guy I work with has an '81 Xt250 he's wanting to sell me for $75 bucks. It does run, however the rocker adjustment screw has broken, letting a lot of rocker slap on the intake side. No obvious damage to the rocker or valve tip however, so I must assume it did not get ran much after that happened. It is missing the tail light, Speedo assembly, and the rh side cover. It's banged up and ugly, but I do enjoy bringing old machines back to their formy glory.

My main question is are parts going to be available at a halfway decent price? I'm mostly worried about chasing down a speedo assembly :thumbsup:

Also, I'm in Ohio, and there's no title. Does anyone know off the top of their head if I'm in for a headache getting tags?

Sorry for the long post! If you guys think it's worth buying, I'll post some pics when I get it home!

Thanks, Will

KEDO in Germany sells parts for reasonable price, but they don't ship to U.S. Tho they have two local distributors if you wan't to check them out:

Virginia Auto Consultants LLC

Mr. Chris Grimm

2046 Lonicera Way

Charlottesville, 22911 VA, USA

www.xthaus.com

The Vintage Spoke

Mr. Chad Chebultz

1100 N Buckeye

Abilene, 67410 KS, USA

www.thevintagespoke.com