What's the best aftermarket gas tank for a 2011 250sx

I just bought a 2011 250sx and am slowly converting it into a woods bike. The first on my list is a bigger gas tank and I'm wondering what everyone thinks is the better tank.

• 3 months later...

Guys... i just bought a brand new tank for my 2010 KTM 450EXC. Mine was terrible... it started to leak just sitting in my garage after I let it sit after getting back from Mexico. I'm glad it didn't strand me there. The fitment is really bad too.

2011 XC tank. Claimed 3.1 gallons, measured 2.67 gallons. This gives the 2011 250 SX a 65-70 mile range if jetted properly after break in.

I'm uncertain about the above comment regarding cutting the locking tabs out? My son and I both have '11 250 SX's with the XC tanks and they work just fine stock.

You don't notice the size difference from the stock measured 1.9 gallon SX tank while riding.

2011 XC tank. Claimed 3.1 gallons, measured 2.67 gallons. This gives the 2011 250 SX a 65-70 mile range if jetted properly after break in.

I'm uncertain about the above comment regarding cutting the locking tabs out? My son and I both have '11 250 SX's with the XC tanks and they work just fine stock.

You don't notice the size difference from the stock measured 1.9 gallon SX tank while riding.

That isn't much more than what I figure I can get (60 miles) out of the SX tank. Maybe my calculations are off a little, can you tell me what you guys were getting out of the stock SX tank?

I beleive the Clock works tank is true to it's claimed size, either on of them do carry fuel lower than the stock sx tank.

If I had to do it again I'd lean toward the Clockworks tank, in a 2 hour harescramble I'm right on the edge and have to pit for gas, with 3.2 I wouldn't stop.