Sign in to follow this  

Spark Plug for HRC Power Up Kit? $40??

Anyone know the spark plug that is part of the HRC Power Up kit? I've searched on here and saw that it was $40, but didn't specify the plug. The one that is in mine right now is NGK IR IFR8H 11. Any info would be appreicated. Steve

I looked into plugs a bit and just kept the standard one.

I think the HRC plug was described as something like "For hard riding" which I thought meant a Baja race or something similar.

Given most of my riding is in woods I rarely find myself flat out in top gear looking for more so I figured I didn't need it.

That and reading a couple of posts on it.

if someone thinks it's the best $40 they spent, I'm keen to hear about it:thumbsup:

I looked into plugs a bit and just kept the standard one.

I think the HRC plug was described as something like "For hard riding" which I thought meant a Baja race or something similar.

Given most of my riding is in woods I rarely find myself flat out in top gear looking for more so I figured I didn't need it.

That and reading a couple of posts on it.

if someone thinks it's the best $40 they spent, I'm keen to hear about it:thumbsup:

40 bucks for a plug? Yeah, I want to hear the "gave 5 more horsepower" stories as well.

"For hard riding?" That rules me out, last ride, I hit a rock hard enough to almost pitch me over the bars, guess the 40 buck plug wouldn't have helped in that situation.

I run the standard $2.50 NGK plug, replace it once a year, even though it still looks in great condition, never had an ignition problem.

But I will upgrade, if it makes me faster.

You can get them for closer to $10. The $40 is a rip-off price.

It's just an Iridium version of a standard plug. I'm thinking that the advantage would be more starting and ignition when cold. More resistance to fouling. No, I don't need those things either. A standard plug has always worked for me.

You can get them for closer to $10. The $40 is a rip-off price.

It's just an Iridium version of a standard plug. I'm thinking that the advantage would be more starting and ignition when cold. More resistance to fouling. No, I don't need those things either. A standard plug has always worked for me.

yes, it can be had for much less than $40 and it is a better plug for cold starting this pig without the choke! supposed to be a better burn all the way around. I do a lot of desert running, so I guess it's the way. thanks guys.