Best resource for trail maps?

Colorado

As the title says, I'm looking for some good trail maps. When I lived in MI I could find some decent ones from the state DNR website. Seeing that CO has BLM, USFS, National Park, and county land it seems as if finding free maps is a little more challenging.

I'm wondering where my fellow Colorado TT riders get their maps from? Is there a website resource with free ones? Some favorite books to purchase?

Thanks!

StayTheTrail.org is a good start:

http://staythetrail.org/maps/

Go to any USFS office and ask for the FREE MVUM maps.

(Motor Vehicle Use Maps)

I second Stay the Trail, they have a lot of the MVUMs in PDF that I have downloaded and used.

Send me your e-mail, I can send you many maps of Northern,CO for free. S4poor@gmail.com

I like National Geographic Trails Illustrated maps for areas that I ride.

What about GPS loadable maps. Any free ones out there. I have a Garmin 60CSX but I know there are some trails maps out there for it other than garmins Topo maps. What is worth getting?

What about GPS loadable maps. Any free ones out there. I have a Garmin 60CSX but I know there are some trails maps out there for it other than garmins Topo maps. What is worth getting?

This is the way of the future. It would be easy to create a trail sharing database on Garmin Connect. It even interfaces with Google Earth. Try it if you haven't already.

The challenge may be getting the guys with secret stashes to share their routes with the general public.

This is the way of the future. It would be easy to create a trail sharing database on Garmin Connect. It even interfaces with Google Earth. Try it if you haven't already.

The challenge may be getting the guys with secret stashes to share their routes with the general public.

Not sharing ;-)

Not sharing ;-)

Not Nice :confused::thumbsup:

Not Nice :worthy::thumbsup:

Ok, you show me yours, and I'll show you mine. Ooof, that didn't sound good...:confused: