Sign in to follow this  

Quebec trails/places to ride near vaudreuil-dorion/pincort (west of mtl)

hey all,

i'm moving to the mentioned area, vaudreuil-dorion, its about 15 min or 20 west of montreal (the actual island). I was wondering if anyone knows of any places to ride in this area, trails or what not. I know xtown and sra are up north (and require full gear) but they're still be about 45 minutes away, so I'm looking for something close by to just go out with my buddy and ride for a few hours, as well as bring people who don't have full gear to ride for a while.

any help at all would be HUGELY appreciated. I'm worried I'm not going to have anywhere to ride wen i move next month!=( if i had a truck it owuldn tbe bad, jsut go to teh tracks every weekend but I wont have one until next spring so trying to find local to go with people who are nearby with a hitch

thanks

james

Hey salut, not much really near by you will have to trailer or truck your bike, because most near by are ''on private land'' so not welcome in most cases. Limerick forest(ont) is nice but about 1:30 hrs ish from Dorion, i do not know if you do speak French if you do check on enduro Quebec forum, ''Turbo Ju'' is from Vaudreuil/Dorion and she might point you some trail(s) near your area. I'm on the south shore Chambly and still a PITA cheer.

Hey salut, not much really near by you will have to trailer or truck your bike, because most near by are ''on private land'' so not welcome in most cases. Limerick forest(ont) is nice but about 1:30 hrs ish from Dorion, i do not know if you do speak French if you do check on enduro Quebec forum, ''Turbo Ju'' is from Vaudreuil/Dorion and she might point you some trail(s) near your area. I'm on the south shore Chambly and still a PITA cheer.

sweet, I'll check it out and see if she can help out! I'm actually in brossard for another 3 weeks, then move to my new house (yay!) in pincourt. I've found some.. really small little areas over there, one 10 min from my house, but it's like a homemade track almost.. like people just ripping through on a line time over. I'm going to check it out, you can tell it gets used, google maps for the past 8 years or so have been getting easier to see in that area, the tracks. If it's decent I may work on it a bit, some whoops and stuff.

check out the 'dunes' as people call them, in mercier. It's nothing special, but fun to change it up every while. it has some trails that run through a forest area once you cut through the quarry, which no one cares about on the weekend it seems. I've gone there quite a lot in the past 2 years for a few hours each time.

i'll find the long/lat for you and post it later tonight!

EDIT: spoke to julie, it seems the only other palce i could find sounds ot be like some private land she used to ride on when invited. it looked very promising, large and workable, however if its private obvisouly can't go there, esp seeing as the entry road is right in front of the owners house lol. i had my hopes up for there. there's also a little sand pit but it's a pretty small place with like 3 jumps and some mini whoops. it could be better if there were people to help expand it through the forest and back, however there's no way I could do that myself. would need to mark off the trail/track from the best possible natural openings and then work from there to lead it back to the main area .. it would be pretty sweet and doable i think if the people were there to help, no doubt. a small little track to rip around on which went through teh forest 2 lanes wide or so.. aaah, the dreams!=( haha thanks again for the help man, hopefully i'll find somethign to ride over there or end up selling my brand new bike i got and others :/

Edited by iggle

oh, let me knwo if you find any good places over on teh south shore also! I'll be back there neough with my bike, so new places are always great other then mercier