Sign in to follow this  

2011 449/511 seat retainer>>

Whatever holds the seat on our 2011 TXC-511 fell off. I don't know what it is, or looks like.

And, I can't find it on page 90 of the parts catalog, so that I can order a new one.

Will somebody PLEASE take the seat off their 2011 449/511 and take a picture of whatever the seat mounts to on the bike? It still has the 1/4 turn DZUS fastener on the front of the seat, so that's not what I'm talking about.

It should be in the subframe. I thought it was some type of aluminum pin, but that's a guess.

Thanks,

Tony

My email for pics: anthonywilliams123 :confused: @ :thumbsup: gmail

IMAG0085.jpg

Here it is. I couldnt remove it to get a better photo because its really held on tight. It has two pins sticking out in the bore, only one is showing up properly on the photo.

Thanks bro's !!! But, I didn't lose the connector at the front of the seat, but instead, whatever holds it down in the rear.

No, we weren't riding with the seat off (but I do think that's a good training tool).

Thanks bro's !!! But, I didn't lose the connector at the front of the seat, but instead, whatever holds it down in the rear.

No, we weren't riding with the seat off (but I do think that's a good training tool).

oh, the nipple that threads into the tank. Might be the same as the older ones. Look at your other bikes.

oh, the nipple that threads into the tank. Might be the same as the older ones. Look at your other bikes.

Yes, went down to the shop this morning and looked at a TE449. It's the same nipple as the "legacy" bikes.

We found the part number on the TC449 parts book.