Intro

New on here and new to bikes in general so hoping to learn heaps from here.

I'm 34 and have only now bought a bike.That being a very clean 05 wr250f. So just thought i'd introduce myself.:thumbsup:

Cheers Mick

Welcome man and congrats on the new to you baby!!! You will have a blast on your new bike. Don't be afraid to ask questions but if you do have questions use the search button because 99% chance that somebody else has had the same problem or question before. Just be warned if you ask about an opinion on something you're going to start a fight. Ha ha

Welcome Mick.

You chose a great first bike. I just picked up my first WR250F last night.

Ask away, I may not be much help, but I'll try to lend what little I can as I learn about the WR's. I'm going to read the manual cover to cover here in a few minutes.

Congrats on your new WR !!

Edited by LoneStarKTM
Welcome Mick.

I'm going to read the manual cover to cover here in a few minutes.

QUOTE]

Do what LoneStar is doing, and read the manual. I do the same with any new bike. Also, read the stickies in the WRF forum. Lot's of great info there too!

Welcome to the site! :thumbsup: I was a late bloomer in the dirtbiking world as well. :confused: Didn't start riding until I was 25. Sure wish I would have been introduced to it sooner! Also, make sure to go through the bike thuroughly, and check everything Air filter, Oil, spokes, nuts/bolts, grease wheel bearings

and swingarm/linkage bearings, and ect. WR's are well known for not packing enough grease in there from the factory. Ask away on TT, I've gotten so much help on this site.

Welcome to the fold of Yamaha owners. You're really going to enjoy the WR as a first bike, good choice!

Thanks guys. Yeah pretty happy overall with the bike. Done the grey wire mod and felt a little better.Pulled the baffle as an experiment and feels much more responsive and willing to rev. Not as loud as i thought it would make it either so thats a bonus. So i think theres a gain to be had with exhaust tweaks.Might try look for a YZ one to try. I think it may be a touch out on jetting cause its still a bit doey so might be gains to be had there too. Might look at changing to a 100/100 rear instead of the 100/110 it has now.I think its getting to much bite and bogging the engine.Such an easy bike to ride though.

Thanks guys. Yeah pretty happy overall with the bike. Done the grey wire mod and felt a little better.Pulled the baffle as an experiment and feels much more responsive and willing to rev. Not as loud as i thought it would make it either so thats a bonus. So i think theres a gain to be had with exhaust tweaks.Might try look for a YZ one to try. I think it may be a touch out on jetting cause its still a bit doey so might be gains to be had there too. Might look at changing to a 100/100 rear instead of the 100/110 it has now.I think its getting to much bite and bogging the engine.Such an easy bike to ride though.

I swapped my stock exhaust w/ a complete YZF exhaust system, and I was very happy with the results. I picked up a complete oem YZF exhaust w/PMB Spark Arrestor/Endcap for $100. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Welcome to the site and dirt bike riding. Before changing tires, I'd try the A/P(accelerator pump) mod to fix the bog. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920989