Sign in to follow this  

TE511 redline

Hi, Im Nick and I was one of the first to purchase the TE511 when they came to Melbourne, Australia in mid January. Ive clocked up 1200k's so far, mostly bush riding but I do a fair bit of riding on roads as well. The bike has performed flawlessly so far and im very happy with it but my concern in how hard it revs at 100kph on the roads. I feel like im revving it fairly hard in 6th to sit at 100 for any period of time, so I resort to cruising around at about 85. Short of changing the sprocket ratios which Im fairly happy with, is it OK to sit on around 7000rpm constantly, and how much harder will the motor rev? Ive heard they peak at 9000?

Hi, Im Nick and I was one of the first to purchase the TE511 when they came to Melbourne, Australia in mid January. Ive clocked up 1200k's so far, mostly bush riding but I do a fair bit of riding on roads as well. The bike has performed flawlessly so far and im very happy with it but my concern in how hard it revs at 100kph on the roads. I feel like im revving it fairly hard in 6th to sit at 100 for any period of time, so I resort to cruising around at about 85. Short of changing the sprocket ratios which Im fairly happy with, is it OK to sit on around 7000rpm constantly, and how much harder will the motor rev? Ive heard they peak at 9000?

On the G450X they recommended to NOT exceed 8k rpms for a duration over 30 seconds. So safe cruise RPM's should be ok at 7k.

A 48T rear sprocket is about right to allow better cruzing and still do single track. I went with a 46 on my 511 and it is a little tall but still works. You do have to clutch it some in the real tight stuff. It will cruz at 65MPH EZ though.