Sign in to follow this  

RM 125 -last major changes to model years?

I'm looking into RM125 models. What was last year,and what previous years were same bike as the latest ones?

What were the differences in the last updated versions?

Thanks in advance.

anyone?...We have had lots of rm 85's and RMZ250 models and I'm familiar with model /year changes,etc,but not 125's. I'm not even sure last year available.

thanks,what about updates to present model?

nice, I might be trading a 1997 kx100 for a 97 rm125 that only needs piston and rings, supposedly...

Anyone know what years Suzuki upgraded the rm 125 engine and/or suspension?

An all new model design started in 2001, with refinements until the 125 sales here in the USA stopped.

We still have a 98 RM125 sitting around that I've made into a "saw-bike" (mounted-up with a chainsaw for trail work.) The 95 -00 RM125s are some of the sweetest handling bikes around IMO... the 98s have a thing for breaking powervalves, but those conventional twin-chamber Showas?... like butter!

nice, I might be trading a 1997 kx100 for a 97 rm125 that only needs piston and rings, supposedly...

Anyone know what years Suzuki upgraded the rm 125 engine and/or suspension?

Anyone know what years Suzuki upgraded the rm 125 engine and/or suspension 2001 or 2002?

Most manufacturers make upgrades every year... as I stated before, a whole new model came out starting in 2001.

With any used bike, set aside a few hundred $'s for parts... piston and rings are a given, but any used bike may also need tires, cables, bearings, brakes, chain/sprockets, a clutch basket, etc.

The 97 RM was a good bike.

2004 was the last major updates to the rm 125 and 2008 was the last year it was imported.

2004 it recieved a new frame, suspension and brakes.

Edited by jlaney81

2003 motor was a "widow" year, 2004 had major changes to the motor. 2005 - 06 had more changes but will interchange with 04. Personally 2004 or newer is the bike I would look for. I just picked up a 2005. I'm waiting (still) for the cylinder to get back from millenium. I'm not saying the 03 is a bad year, just the motor isn't interchangeable with the previous or latter years.

97 RM125 was a great bike! I had a 96 and loved the conventional forks.