Sign in to follow this  

TUF racing crf 250

Kevin from TUF performance products has been riding one of our arena cross bikes from this past season that was being used in the lights class .@ some local IL races kevin has been giving hofmaster fits on his yamaha 2 stroke i beleive is a procircut engine he has beat Hofmaster the last 2 races the last one using a venning engine with TUF components in the 450 class .Kevin also says riding the TUF crf 250 is like cheating .

Our plan this summer is to get to more races with demo bikes letting pepole ride them on practice day you can tell riders all day long how good your stuff is but letting them ride it makes the deal .back in 2006 i built a crf 250 i had 300 dyno runs sorting it out i beleive i went through nearly 10 cam grinds before i got what i wanted but i did take it to an event and let any body ride it that was some of the best advertizing i had ever done .

I admire a business man who will actually prove his product to you before you are required to pay. I'll support that man any day!

.Kevin also says riding the TUF crf 250 is like cheating .

I have a Tuf kit in part for my 10 CRF 250. It's hard to believe it has so much bottom end over the stocker with that 50mm throttle body and a cam spec that produces over 40 HP, but it does.

Anyone that thinks that a 50mm throttle body is to large and wont make great bottom over a smaller carbed or smaller body EFI bike, needs to ride mine.

:thumbsup:

Our plan this summer is to get to more races with demo bikes letting pepole ride them on practice day you can tell riders all day long how good your stuff is but letting them ride it makes the deal .back in 2006 i built a crf 250 i had 300 dyno runs sorting it out i beleive i went through nearly 10 cam grinds before i got what i wanted but i did take it to an event and let any body ride it that was some of the best advertizing i had ever done .

Very true. For the first time the other day i rode a friends Sx race bike (2010 crf250r) and the thing was wayyy better than I ever thought the bikes could be, and that was switching between my stock 2010 crf250r. It was fast and had tons of torque

I have the 2010. How does the TUF engine mods change the stock power band? I am a offroad rider and love the stock power spread. Just need a little more and quieter.

I have the Tuff set up on my 2010 and it is like cheating and i have been accused of running a big bore twice. I would not recommend running any of the Tuff products, well not to anyone racing in the "B" class in the mid-Atlantic area anyways.

I have the Tuff set up on my 2010 and it is like cheating and i have been accused of running a big bore twice. I would not recommend running any of the Tuff products, well not to anyone racing in the "B" class in the mid-Atlantic area anyways.

Don't tell all of your secrets, or you'll never have anyone line up with you!:thumbsup:

RON...there are several of us with 10/11's here in Minnesota...if you could line something up at a moto practice day (saturdays prior to their race days)...at Millville, that would be EXCELLENT and I think you would easily sell some product.

That really is a smart way to advertise.... dropping several grand $$ sight unseen is tough to pull the trigger on... it's not like I'm trying a $49 set of reeds or different sprockets...

Come on down to Illinois... maybe during one of the Sunset Ridge open practice weekends?

TUF is located in dekalb IL they had a yamaha and a honda for demo @ couple of races next time dave tells me where him and his son chriss are going i will post it .

That really is a smart way to advertise.... dropping several grand $$ sight unseen is tough to pull the trigger on... it's not like I'm trying a $49 set of reeds or different sprockets...

Come on down to Illinois... maybe during one of the Sunset Ridge open practice weekends?

We will have the bikes at Walnut Wendnesday and at Red bud Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to try one out.

Great to hear! How many hours are expected out of the motor before a rebuild is needed?