Sign in to follow this  

Want a yz 250 with amazing power characterestics? Or Bull?

That is what we call a boast bottle setup my 1990 RGV 250 street bike has this same setup worth $189 hell no! improvment on the bike not really.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180665593249&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Could this actually work? I already asked about the dyno chart pictured, it isn't real and he basically explained with the right tuning that the effects would look similar.

Didn't they stop doing similar things back in the 80's because they don't work??

I remember the Yamaha IT's had the boost bottles, I had several of them, they had good low-end torque. The YZ's had them as well, I don't think there was any difference. Then they just went away....

So does the one in the link just have a 'loop'???

I cannot see it doing anything, unless I am missing something?

from what I have seem in the past it will produce a slight difference in the curve. I think anything within the sop meter is too much to expect. we messed around with similar setups on polaris sleds in the late 90's and it did make an improvment, but very minimal. it did clean up the bottom end burble a bit, but zy's dont have that problem going in.

save that $$

But they had twin cylinders to you could equalize pressure between them.

Is it a fancy boost bottle????

If so, I am somewhat of a boost bottle expert havign owned TWO bb equipped bikes in the 80's.

The first was a pretty gold "DG" brand on my kdx 175. It was pretty, and looked trick. The second was an ugly plastic one on my yz 490.

I dont remember them doing anything. I think Yamaha went with an oem one to try and compete on the showroom with other, superior bikes, on a gimmic front.

There are some possible advantages if you search long enough, but if they were worth anything, Eric Gorr would sell them. If you want some fun, go to the us patent office and search "Eric Gorr" and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, my autograph session will be from 1-1:45 today. Must have a wristband to get in line.

Interesting...looks like a restricted manifold with a pipe to bypass the restiction? Not sure why someone would build it...

also,,, how does the carb stay on?

Can i demo one???

Is it a fancy boost bottle????

If so, I am somewhat of a boost bottle expert havign owned TWO bb equipped bikes in the 80's.

The first was a pretty gold "DG" brand on my kdx 175. It was pretty, and looked trick. The second was an ugly plastic one on my yz 490.

I dont remember them doing anything. I think Yamaha went with an oem one to try and compete on the showroom with other, superior bikes, on a gimmic front.

There are some possible advantages if you search long enough, but if they were worth anything, Eric Gorr would sell them. If you want some fun, go to the us patent office and search "Eric Gorr" and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, my autograph session will be from 1-1:45 today. Must have a wristband to get in line.

:confused::lol:

But...have you tried two boost bottles on one bike??

lso...A wine cork makes a great boost bottle bypass.:thumbsup:

Interesting...looks like a restricted manifold with a pipe to bypass the restiction? Not sure why someone would build it...

also,,, how does the carb stay on?

Can i demo one???

For $190 you can. :thumbsup:

Hard to tell, but it looks to have a smaller diameter before the reeds than stock, which may keep velocity up and give slightly better low end, or at least throttle response down low.

I can't for the life of me tell what the tube is supposed to do. Looks like it's breathing in the same area of the manifold on both ends, hardly transfering pressure or pulses.

All aluminum? Vibrate the heck out of the carb, and transfer a lot of soak back heat when you stop and take a break. Good luck starting a bike that's boiling fuel in the float bowl (may not be an issue, but will be far closer to that line than a rubber boot).

High Performance by Pulse Engineering (patents 4848281 & 6167857 others pending)

> Easy Starting (utilizes back pressure to help, not hinder starting or power) Utilizes back pressure? From where?

> Awesome Torque (intake timing tuned at all times, even a very low speeds)

How is intake timing tuned in anyway with this system?

> Strong Controllable Power (the more it revs, the more it pumps, the more it pumps, the more power it makes)

What pumps?

> Excellent Throttle Response (no bogs or hesitation)

> Saves Motors & Pistons (pumping in more air-fuel not only makes more power, it cools and saves motors)

Uhhhm........

------ Your carburetor needs to be set-up for the increased flow and velocity of Continuous Flow Induction --- $85 including mods, parts and custom needle.

It's a bolt-on, Continuous Flow Induction system that utilizes the amazing force of high velocity kinetic energy to Pump Up the power!

What? Are they just stringing together smart-sounding words?

Continuous Flow Induction is the best thing that has happened in 2-stroke performance since reed valves and expansion chambers. The higher it revs the more it pumps and the more it pumps the more power it makes. Continuous Flow Induction not only makes more power, but tremendously increases the breath and width of the power curve. Two stroke intake timing is controlled by reed valves. Reed valves are pressure activated. Thus, the high velocity and volume created by Continuous Flow

Induction opens the reeds sooner for amazing low-end torque and power and holding them open longer creates more top-end power and over-rev. It makes way more torque than you ever thought a 2-stroke could have. You don't need fuel injection, you need Continuous Flow Induction. It generates the performance you want. It even sounds cool ---

:thumbsup:

It's suppose to equalize the pressure's the tube is suppose to give the correct volume. All of my twin cylinder 2 stroke street bikes have this it's funny how suzuki did it with my RGV. It's just a section of fuel hose that is like 14 inches long that connects to one brass inlet on the reed block manifold makes this big loop around back to the other inlet hole on the same reed block.

Where my NSR 250 has a boost bottle setup but honda just made one inlet hole on the manifold that go's into plastic shaped bottle that just sits on top of the manifold. Yamaha also used a similar setup on thier 2 smoke street bikes.

The best reason it is there is it's suppose to improve throttle responce at lower rpms after a constant steady throttle if one was to go wide open it's suppose to not bog and pick up faster. It gives an actual break down of what it is in my NSR 250's service manual with a dyno chart. Short version is Honda claims the bike runs better with it I can't see how it would be a real improvement on the YZ maybe on the trial but I can't say I cruise at one constant rpm / throttle setting all the time on it, more on / off style and the bike to me doesn't lack throttle responce.

...By the way, my autograph session will be from 1-1:45 today. Must have a wristband to get in line.
:p;):smirk::moon::busted::thumbsup:

Just plain awesome! :confused::worthy: