Sign in to follow this  

Must have tool....

Lets just say if you dont have one of these you need to get one. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CABLE-LUBER-CRF250-CRF450-YZ250F-YZ450F-KX250F-KX450F-C-/380288722443?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item588af9660b

If you have a clutch cable or any cable you need to lube then you need one of these. The reason i bring it up is because i did a search and noticed ALOT of threads about heavy clutch pull. I think this has to be one of the best and most needed tools any dirt bike rider could have and its helped me out on many a heavy clutch over the years. Whats your ''MUST HAVE TOOL''.

Its good in theory, but has anyone ever used one? I have one, and really doesn't work as well as you would think.

as for use, you disconnect one end of the cable, (sensibly the upper end) fit this tool around the end of the housing and cable, clamp it down with the thumb screw (sealing it) then insert a straw for your preferable lube can into a hole in the tool. Its supposed to direct the lube directly into the cable, but its always made just as much of a mess with or without it.

I've always used an O-ring approx the same diameter (outside) as the cable, it will create a seal in the tool a little better than just the straight cable/housing, but you still get a few drops on the bench.

Lets just say if you dont have one of these you need to get one. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CABLE-LUBER-CRF250-CRF450-YZ250F-YZ450F-KX250F-KX450F-C-/380288722443?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item588af9660b

If you have a clutch cable or any cable you need to lube then you need one of these. The reason i bring it up is because i did a search and noticed ALOT of threads about heavy clutch pull. I think this has to be one of the best and most needed tools any dirt bike rider could have and its helped me out on many a heavy clutch over the years. Whats your ''MUST HAVE TOOL''.

Everyone should list common sense.....but, it's not for sale and not common.

I have one, but it has two screws. Yes they do work. Even after tightening down, I wrap the whole thing in an old rag before starting to spray because it seems to always leak. Eventually you'll see the dirt and fluid coming out the other end of the cable. I'll keep spraying until the fluid gets clear as it will get.

Yeah they leak a little while using them but like revitup says all you need to do is wrap a rag around it and the other end of the cable if you want to and spray untill clean fluid comes out of the end and thats all there is to it. I spray silicon grease spray through my cables and they last for years and i know they are always properly lubricated, for what they are worth and how quick and easy they are to use and being dirt bike riders you would be mad not to have one.

the one i have leaks very little when i do it.

as for must have tool. probebly a GOOD quality 6 point socet set. id like to see anyone do any work without one.

HaHa. I have one that looks just like that one except black and gold. I bought it in 1971. Good find though.:thumbsup:

I might be off topic but imo a must have part for the bike would be the fork bleeder valves. They definitly help if you dont want to go the pain again of stripping one of the stock flat head ones you gotta unscrew.

My must have is my dewalt drill driver! how ever in the wrong hands you can easily over torque and or strip bolts!