Sign in to follow this  

Where to get a nice set of mirrors for my XRL

I have a Canadian version of the XRL which the mounting for the mirrors is different from the US version in that it uses 8mm threaded ends instead of 10mm found on the US version. Why they would change that is beyond me but I ordered a set off ebay that was for the XRL and it doesn't fit. Its the rubber dampers that are different.

Anyone know where I can get a good set of 8mm mirrors with one having a reverse thread and one without normal threads? I could remove the rubber dampers but the BRP vibrates and it makes it hard to see in the mirrors so I would like to find mirrors that fit my existing dampers.

I have a Canadian version of the XRL which the mounting for the mirrors is different from the US version in that it uses 8mm threaded ends instead of 10mm found on the US version. Why they would change that is beyond me but I ordered a set off ebay that was for the XRL and it doesn't fit. Its the rubber dampers that are different.

Anyone know where I can get a good set of 8mm mirrors with one having a reverse thread and one without normal threads? I could remove the rubber dampers but the BRP vibrates and it makes it hard to see in the mirrors so I would like to find mirrors that fit my existing dampers.

I`ve got a full set off my XRL.dampers and all.........the dampers thread into the brake perch and master cylinder and are 10mm........ and the 8mm mirrors screw into them......they are the same U.S. and Canada......someone on ebay is playing games...or you have mismatched parts.......wanna come get em for a decent price bud........:thumbsup:

The actual mirrors from honda both thread the same.......you just thread them onto the dampeners and the one point the wrong way is just grabbed onto and turned over the right way..at the actual mirror part...

I put on a set of DoubleTake mirrors.......:confused:

B

yes on the clutch and master cylinder where the dampers screw into is 10mm but the other end the dampers on mine are 8mm and one is reverse thread and the other is straight thread. Trust me I'm not crazy LOL The guy on ebay sent me 10mm mirrors and most of the mirrors on ebay that are marked for the XRL are 10mm but mine are 8mm. I'll have to check my cousin's brand new XRL to see what he has.

All the threads on the actual mirror are reverse thread..........i have 5 mirrors here,all same same......2 are from a guy that stopped here from Cali......OE is reverse thread into the dampener..

B

I want to get a set of double take mirrors too. I went to their site and the ball stud is 10mm and will not fit into my damper. The damper on my bike is 8mm on the mirror side. Are you saying yours are different?

I want to get a set of double take mirrors too. I went to their site and the ball stud is 10mm and will not fit into my damper. The damper on my bike is 8mm on the mirror side. Are you saying yours are different?

Nope........to use the doubletake mirrors youy remove the dampeners,the clutch perch and master cyl are 10mm.......

B

yeah but removing the dampeners you get a vibration through your mirrors at highway speeds which makes it difficult to see?

No one's invented a decent dirt/road bike mirror yet..'I made one up out of an old brass flexible lamp shank..Bend it twist it,,it's always solid..They don't make flex like that any more..It's ideal for my semi idiot use..

I've applied to the patent office so forget it..:-) It's the Chinese I'm worried about..

No one's invented a decent dirt/road bike mirror yet..'I made one up out of an old brass flexible lamp shank..Bend it twist it,,it's always solid..They don't make flex like that any more..It's ideal for my semi idiot use..

I've applied to the patent office so forget it..:-) It's the Chinese I'm worried about..

I've got workbench lamp(s) in my garage that have that old type of flex pipe shanks ... it takes two hands and a fair bit of grunt to bend it into the shape you want it, but once it's bent, it ain't moving anywhere. :ride:

MSR foldables. $20 i think you can get them at Rockymountain, or XRsonly I don't think my stockers would have lasted a week of riding.. how do you guys manage to keep yours in one piece?

2011-05-09%25252016.11.14.jpg