I love Chevy

From motortrends testing and 2011 TRUCK OF THE YEAR article.?

However, the heavy-duty market is fiercely competitive, and even though the Silverado HD's diesel horsepower and torque numbers initially beat those of the new Ford Super Duty -- at 390 horses and 735 pound-feet -- just after GM released its power numbers, Ford responded with a software upgrade that brought its Power Stroke's output to a nice, even 400 horsepower and 800 pound-feet. And Ford now has best-in-class towing capacity. On paper, that decision made it look as if the Ford would be crowned king of the segment. We could pack up our gear and go home, right?

Wrong. Despite the horsepower and torque advantages the Power Stroke has over the Duramax, both Fords weighed significantly more than the Silverados (the diesel weighed nearly 800 pounds more). That helped put the weight-to-power ratio in the Chevys' favor in every case. It also explained why the diesel Silverado was fastest at the track to 60 mph (loaded with payload or unloaded) and had the best passing power. The gas-powered Ford was quicker to 60 mph and through the quarter mile with a 7000-pound trailer in tow, but the Chevrolets dominated otherwise. And the entire crew universally preferred the shifting smoothness of the Allison (diesel) and Hydra-Matic (gas) transmissions over the Fords' six-speeds. Also, despite the deceptively mushy feel of the brake pedal, the shortest stop from 60 mph in this test was the Silverado 3500HD.

Well, Isuzu and Chevy both make different parts of the engine, and it is assembled by Chevy. The Allison is a good tranny if you like it to control the truck, not you controlling it yourself. An I still think the Cummins has the best reputation of reliability.

Still pining for a 57 3100.

Dude's out of his damn mind for 12k, but I'd buy one that looks like this for the right price:

1955_Chevy-3100_Green_stepside.jpg?1301433000

This is a friend of mine's Chevy. No, it's not a model in spite of what the picture may cause you to think.

_dsc0317-edit.jpg

Image borrowed from his son the photographer. I highly, highly recommend checking out his photo galleries.

yeah 12 for that truck is a bit steep especially being non original. I think it might even have a modern chassis underneath it... it doesn't seem to sit quite right for a 50s truck.

Did they have selectable hubs in 57?

yeah 4wd was really rare back then, I think out of all the car shows I've been to I've only seen 1 original 4wd, and I don't think it had locking hubs, it was full time fwd. If that one really was original 4wd with original drivetrain it probably would be worth 12k

I've seen many of them on a Blazer or Bronco chassis and I wouldn't give 50 cents for those, they have to really hack up the underside of the body to make it fit.

Well i own a 2000 f250 sd with the 7.3 witha few goodys and it has afew more ponys and torque is alot higher than said chevy,funny how that is my friend has a new chevy and his egts are up there with stock motor and coming out of lake powell i had to pass him going up the hill towing 7k more,yup go chevy!!!!