Moving to Prince George, lots $$ just need a bike

Hello all

Ive had my first bike a drz-400 super-moto for 2 years in vancouver and now i need something better set up for off road as im moving up north to prince george

Ive ridden a lot of everything off-road but never owned a motorbike myself till my Z

Im wondering if i should just change up my Z or buy a dirtbike

can anyone from up there tell me what the best type of riding is?

my first plan was to buy a buddys motocross bike, a honda crf 250 r, but my dad and his buddy are saying the most fun is on a logging road so setting up my DRZ for off road might be a better option

putting duel sport tires on the drz is the least i would change even if i got the dirtbike

i just dont know! and i move on friday...

I lived in BC for a long time, had a KTM 640 (an Ex$pen$ive big bike) for fire roads and adventure camping. Now I'm older, i think i would've been happier spending the money on a DRZ instead. If you're really serious about another bike, buy a used 2-stroke dirtbike for fun times & keep the DRZ for a commuter/adventure tourer role. it's true, 2 bikes makes you twice as happy!

I lived in pg for a couple of years and rode a lot of gravel roads and highways, no trails as I had a streetbike. I didn't see much for trails, but wasn't looking for them so can't really help you, except to say: that area has been heavily logged for generations, so there has got to be a ton of trails. I'd get a set of dirt wheels for the sm and ride it until I found the limits. A dualsport will be a lot of fun for exploring old logging roads and prospector trails in the mountains.