2000 WR400F Rebuild - Process Pictures.

What an AWESOME day!

Me and my chick took the 400 and her new 150F up to Barstow today.

It was her first rode and she did awesome, nothing quite like riding dirt bikes with your special lady.

As for the 400, she also did amazing! Fired up 2nd kick and ran strong all day! She had zero major problems, jetting and exhaust is perfect. I need to spend some time on the valving and such as my buddy was a solid 225 and I'm not quite that, even after a big lunch.

There is a small issue with the cooling system. I am losing some water from the radiators. Going to pull them off and send them back to Myler to get tested and maybe warranted.

I also have some oil blow by coming out, not so worried about that. I do, however, have a leak of oil off the forward drain bolt. I think a new bolt and washer should fix that up.

Other than that, the feeling that I got riding it through the draft for the first time. Felt like my best bud was right next to me... Nothing quite like it...

5ba5cb34.jpg

a3f5d4a5.jpg

48b16e80.jpg

37300e00.jpg

67a2c3f8.jpg

Edited by LIVETOSHRED
Iphone Auto-Correct

Looks good man, came up real well.

I cant wait to get mine out after the rebuild, Shame im in Australia otherwise we could get the rebuilt 400's out for a ride when redswr is done.

That would be awesome man! It seems like more and more are breaking these out of storage and bringing them back to life! Such a truly radical and fun bike to ride!

I took some time after work and cleaned up the 400. Had to get her all clean after getting all dirty... Time to take her back down and fix her back up for the next ride!

324338_2549525222337_1380051889_33074278_3263609_o.jpg

Hey LIVETOSHRED;

Where did you get that rear tail-light / plate holder combo for the YZ style rear fender? I have a YZ rear fender on order, but im looking for the right tail-light / plate holder to jump out and say "I'm the one!". I think yours does that...

That is the Baja Designs kit. I purchased the Supermoto kit from them and it is awesome. Call up Diego at Baja Designs and i'm sure they will get you set up!

Do you work with Mark at Rond's?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope all is well with all you guys out there!

I finally got the opportunity to take the WR out to Ocotillo and take if up to my buddies memorial. Bike was running great and riding it in the same places and trails that we both rode together was tough. I pulled up to his memorial and really felt overwhelmed about showing him the bike for the first time...

Here are some photo's I took, his memorial is down a dirt path about 20 feet off the main trail. Robert's father made it out on Saturday and we went up to visit him and he also got to take his son's bike for a little scoot through the desert once again... The hugs and smiles he gave showed me he was happy and proud of his son's bike being in the dirt once again.

Even though the bike has been done for a few months now, it didn't feel done until this weekend... when I could ride to his Memorial and let his father take it for a spin. The sense of accomplishment, pride and just plain smile was phenomenal.

Thank you again for all of your kind words and support through this process. The bike is now part of my stable and will be with me on almost every trip.

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg