Have you drag raced a 250r??

Hey guys i have a 150rb and i smoke my brothers 230. Hes looking to get a 250r wanted me to find out if any of you ever raced a 250r's and the results! thnx in advance..

the 230 is the equivalent of an adult sized mini bike...your 150 makes considerably more power than it does...

the 150r is about 20 hp.... the 230 is about 11hp

the 250r's are about 32hp

the lighter weight of the 150 is a nice advantage.... but wont really make up for the power difference to the 250r

Ok thanks alot man

Yes, the 250R will run off and hide from the 150R.

My 100# son on his 150RB could go gear to gear with me on a 250R through third gear. Fourth gear I would drive off, but I weigh 250#.

If riders are of same skill( and from a standing start.) the 250 is gone when it hits 3rd.

Agree. Even with 100 pound weight disparity in riders, by the time the 250 shifts into third, the 150 has faded.

Agree. Even with 100 pound weight disparity in riders, by the time the 250 shifts into third, the 150 has faded.

I have a picture of Dean Wilson (Pro-Circuit) when he was about thirteen on a KX100 in racing the pro-class at REM and smoking them by about 2 or 3 bike lengths out of the first turn. They were on 450's. Fortunatly in motocross there are turns and rough tracks and talent makes for any power disadvantage.

I got to watch villapoto do the same thing in real life....they started him on the starting line backwards on his kx100 against the pro class in richland wa. (its a sand track to boot). It was fun to watch him smoke the pants off all the local pros. Drag racing and track racing are very different for sure...I could smoke him in a drag race if ya give me more horsepower! Ha ha

Tom

I have a picture of Dean Wilson (Pro-Circuit) when he was about thirteen on a KX100 in racing the pro-class at REM and smoking them by about 2 or 3 bike lengths out of the first turn. They were on 450's.

I don't doubt it.

However...

Drag racing and track racing are very different for sure...

and...

Fortunatly in motocross there are turns and rough tracks and talent makes for any power disadvantage.

Indeed they are different measures of speed. The OP was talking drag racing, where horsepower is paramount. MX racing, on the other hand, is where rider skill is far more critical than pure power. All these posts illustrate that the 250R is the faster bike...disregarding the rider.