Carb options?

Hi all,

I have recently got hold of a 1999 TE610. I need to replace the carb and would like to know what options I have.

I heard there is a Makuni unit I can fit but not sure which one, any help or constructive advice is much appreciated.

I want to get the engine sweet on this bike and really enjoy it.

You can get a FCR to fit, but it's not easy.

I fitted a FCR 39 from a yam WR250F to a TE 410, it has transformed the bike.

There is info on how to do it knocking round the Webb but takes a lot of surfing to find.

Basically there is not enough room under the tank so you need to reshape the underneath of the tank by using a hot air heat gun. I had a spare tank so experimented first, you heat the plastic up till its floppy then use some wood to press it in, you have to guess what will be enough. You need to do this on both sides of the tank underneath.

The FCR carb will fit onto the intake manifold but its tight. The filter side needs a spacer making to fit onto the carb and also lenghthening to meet up with the filter boot.

I altered the choke knob because there is not a lot of room to get too it, unscrew the plastic part and make something that fits to the stem dropping down at a right angle.

Then you will have to rejet.

It is do-able and was well worth it on the 400.

You can get a FCR to fit, but it's not easy.

I fitted a FCR 39 from a yam WR250F to a TE 410, it has transformed the bike.

There is info on how to do it knocking round the Webb but takes a lot of surfing to find.

Basically there is not enough room under the tank so you need to reshape the underneath of the tank by using a hot air heat gun. I had a spare tank so experimented first, you heat the plastic up till its floppy then use some wood to press it in, you have to guess what will be enough. You need to do this on both sides of the tank underneath.

The FCR carb will fit onto the intake manifold but its tight. The filter side needs a spacer making to fit onto the carb and also lenghthening to meet up with the filter boot.

I altered the choke knob because there is not a lot of room to get too it, unscrew the plastic part and make something that fits to the stem dropping down at a right angle.

Then you will have to rejet.

It is do-able and was well worth it on the 400.

Totally agree with chris1968.

I used an FCR 39 from a KTM 520, with the same mods except the tank mod, since I also turned the carb some degrees to the right to fit!

the dellorto is dead??? Husky has a bunch of world championships while using the Dellorto. They used the same jetting for a number of years with the del and with OEM pipe, fresh premium gas and everything else in order (airfilter,spark plug, valves) the dellorto works great with OEM jetting. My TE610 (OEM stock) starts easily cold and starts with an easy left leg kick when out on the trail. Float level is a good spot to check on the Dellorto it can get bout of sorts from bouncing around and really will ruin your day if its not set right. Best of luck if you do go FCR its a great modern style carb, but dont write off the del (to save a buck try and get it dialed in first)