CR125 intake boot cracked: need some help

My 1993 intake boot is cracking from age (the boot going from carb to reed cage). My year (thru 1995) appears to be discontinued based on the online fiches, although the local dealer I called yesterday still quoted this part.

I have found a different part number for the 96-97 years and those appear to still be available through Honda for a much better price BTW. As far as I knew, the engine/carb/intake didn't change from 95-96 so will this intake boot work on my bike?

I wonder if they made minor improvements to the boot since they might've found problems with the older version? I'd rather buy new than used so any help you guys can give will be huge! Don't want to go blowing up my new motor if my boot leaks!

From what I have seen in your pic's on your bike, you have a 95 airbox already on your bike (otherwise it wouldn't let you bolt up the 95 side plates that you have on it). the 95-97 airboxes are all similar except they went black in 96 and 97 so the 96 and 97 boot should bolt up. Search ebay, you should be able to get something used off of ebay cheaper then new. I bought my 96 airbox off of ebay for less then $50 and it was in excellent condition. the airboot on my 94 was also cracking. I wanted to put 95 plastics on my 94 anyway so I bought a 96 airbox.

I actually have the original 93 (or 94) airbox. It's white, but with carbon fiber look graphics which makes it look like the 95-97 boxes. The mounting for the side plates did move. A PO had moved the "fender nuts" to the correct 95+ location. Unfortunately, one of them must've ripped out of the box because there was a huge hole there. I have it rigged up now with a plastic backing plate/bolt/nut to hole the side panel to the airbox.

Either way, I'm just concerned with the boot that goes into the motor, not the one that goes from the airbox to the carb. I'm pretty sure all those are compatible regardless of the differences in the airbox from 93 to 95+. I just think these parts must be compatible since I'm not aware of any major geometry changes to the cases, carb, or reed cage between those years.

I was leaning towards a used unit on ebay, but for a few bucks more I can have brand new one, with un-aged rubber and I like that idea better. I suppose if I can't get an answer, I'll just pull the trigger on a used one...

Thanks for your help.

I actually have the original 93 (or 94) airbox. It's white, but with carbon fiber look graphics which makes it look like the 95-97 boxes. The mounting for the side plates did move. A PO had moved the "fender nuts" to the correct 95+ location. Unfortunately, one of them must've ripped out of the box because there was a huge hole there. I have it rigged up now with a plastic backing plate/bolt/nut to hole the side panel to the airbox.

Either way, I'm just concerned with the boot that goes into the motor, not the one that goes from the airbox to the carb. I'm pretty sure all those are compatible regardless of the differences in the airbox from 93 to 95+. I just think these parts must be compatible since I'm not aware of any major geometry changes to the cases, carb, or reed cage between those years.

I was leaning towards a used unit on ebay, but for a few bucks more I can have brand new one, with un-aged rubber and I like that idea better. I suppose if I can't get an answer, I'll just pull the trigger on a used one...

Thanks for your help.

Oh, Ok. I was thinking of the wrong intake boot. From what little research I have done, the Reeds and intake boots are all compatable from 92-97. I was using a 96 boot for my vforce3 reeds that I had, I also bought a 97 reed cage and it came with an intake boot (used off of ebay) and it looks identical to the 96 intake boot that I have. I would think that you would be ok with the 96 boot.

EDIT: Oh, and 1 more thing, the 95 airbox is white with the black air boot. That was why I thought you had a 95 air box. the 96-97 air boxes are black.

Oh, Ok. I was thinking of the wrong intake boot. From what little research I have done, the Reeds and intake boots are all compatable from 92-97. I was using a 96 boot for my vforce3 reeds that I had, I also bought a 97 reed cage and it came with an intake boot (used off of ebay) and it looks identical to the 96 intake boot that I have. I would think that you would be ok with the 96 boot.

EDIT: Oh, and 1 more thing, the 95 airbox is white with the black air boot. That was why I thought you had a 95 air box. the 96-97 air boxes are black.

Cool, I appreciate the help!

Anyone have a spare CR125 intake manifold boot (not the airbox boot) they want to sell me? It's for a 93 and I think 92-97 would work...