Riding without 2 spokes

whats with the over flow of posts about how safe it is to ride without spokes....darwinism really needs to kick in.

ANY missing/loose spokes have a pretty big effet on how strong your wheel is. even if it dosnt brake, it an warp your rim to the point it ant go back.

Seriously? There was just another recent thread where a guy asked if he could ride with 5 missing...There is only a very slight chance that it would end in a bad way, but if you KNOW there's an issue with your bike that may end in a bad way on the landing of a jump, and possibly cause injury to yourself or other riders, fix that shit...If you can't do a tire yourself and fix a couple spokes, it's time to man up...

Actually, yes. I would drive a car with three lug nuts instead of five. That being said, I wouldnt being jumping a dirt bike with 2 missing spokes.

....if its ment to have 5 lug nuts, then its ment to have 5 lug nuts. one again, darwnism needs to start kicking some major ass.

In 1977 (dont laugh) I colapsed a wheel on a YZ125 and got away with no bodily damage to me but around 5 year ago I had a coming together with another supermoto rider and must of broke a few spokes in the collision !! the outcome of this was the rear wheel exploded on the fastest corner on the track and this time I recieved many broken bones a $hit load of pain and a bike that cost a small fortune to rebuild after the bones healed enough to work on the thing, so do yourself a big favour and sort it out asap ?

....if its ment to have 5 lug nuts, then its ment to have 5 lug nuts. one again, darwnism needs to start kicking some major ass.

Don't be silly. A margin of error is always engineered in. If it were meant to have 5, it would have 6 or 7 from the factory. ?

If its meant to have 5 lug-nuts sure, its supposed to have 5, but reading the correct way to do something out of a manual is only one way of many different ways to do something. I'm not saying that I aim to put only three lug nuts on, only that if I notice three ill make sure they are tight, there aren't two missing next to each other, and drive it to where I can get a couple more, or for the day if necessary.

Apples to oranges...Lugs just keep the wheel on, not maintain the integrity of the actual wheel like spokes do...If you loose some spokes on a ride, sure, ride back to camp that way, but then fix it before the next ride=simple...Having it that way for days and then taking your bike to a track without doing anything about it=stupid

Aw shucks. Looks like I got beat on making the first Darwinism/natural selection post!

Just duct tape across from one spoke to the next over the missing spokes. Drawing them tight together is way better than nothing.....

This was joke if no one got it. I feel as if sarcasm wasn't expressed heavily enough through the comment geez.