Sign in to follow this  

Pala National Track 5-10-11

Nice riding!!!

You mean you can't ride like that? :confused:

That was some smooth riding. Cannot wait for the Outdoors! :thumbsup:

Not only do you get to ride great tracks every weekend, you get to see prenationals.....

I Love NY! ahhhhhhh not so much.

Not only do you get to ride great tracks every weekend, you get to see prenationals.....

I Love NY! ahhhhhhh not so much.

I just have to respond to this. For the purpose of motocross, SoCal cannot be beat. On any given day I can head to one of a dozen tracks and not only see but ride with the top Pros in the nation. There are so many tracks competing with each other that it keeps the price down and the Prep is always great because if it isn't, everyone will go to another track. The weather is almost always perfect, therefore racing is non-stop, year 'round. The majority of the top motocross-related companies are here and because of that, I NEVER pay retail price for anything.

For general living, I hate it here. It is a desert. All the plants that grow here are from other countries and the only reason they grow is because of irrigation. My yard only grows because it is irrigated every day. The people are all in a hurry and are obnoxious and rude. The women are made of plastic and to me look ridiculous with their skinny bodies and fake, bulging breasts. There are 6 to 8 lanes on the local freeway and every weekend it looks like a giant parking lot as everyone tries to travel it at the same time. The ONLY reason I am still here after my retirement from the Marine Corps (Which is what brought me here in the first place) is because I have a great job that I love (Training Marines). This will most-likely be the last year of my contract and when it ends you will see nothing but dust behind me as I get the hell out of here and move back to the real world. A world where people are friendly to each other. Where plants actually grow on their own and there are 4 seasons and you can drive someplace without seeing 10,000 other drivers. A place where I can afford some land to grow a garden, raise some chickens and have my own practice track.

Thank you for letting me vent. :thumbsup:

I just have to respond to this. For the purpose of motocross, SoCal cannot be beat. On any given day I can head to one of a dozen tracks and not only see but ride with the top Pros in the nation. There are so many tracks competing with each other that it keeps the price down and the Prep is always great because if it isn't, everyone will go to another track. The weather is almost always perfect, therefore racing is non-stop, year 'round. The majority of the top motocross-related companies are here and because of that, I NEVER pay retail price for anything.

For general living, I hate it here. It is a desert. All the plants that grow here are from other countries and the only reason they grow is because of irrigation. My yard only grows because it is irrigated every day. The people are all in a hurry and are obnoxious and rude. The women are made of plastic and to me look ridiculous with their skinny bodies and fake, bulging breasts. There are 6 to 8 lanes on the local freeway and every weekend it looks like a giant parking lot as everyone tries to travel it at the same time. The ONLY reason I am still here after my retirement from the Marine Corps (Which is what brought me here in the first place) is because I have a great job that I love (Training Marines). This will most-likely be the last year of my contract and when it ends you will see nothing but dust behind me as I get the hell out of here and move back to the real world. A world where people are friendly to each other. Where plants actually grow on their own and there are 4 seasons and you can drive someplace without seeing 10,000 other drivers. A place where I can afford some land to grow a garden, raise some chickens and have my own practice track.

+1..:confused:

but I'm not plastic and I got out of there 3 years ago :worthy:

I agree 100 percent!!!! Cali is great for moto but thats the only thing i really love about it.

Thank you for letting me vent. :confused:

Ok my turn, We have plants, lots of them and more water than you can shake a stick at, but we have watering bans every year. Where I live you can't have chickens or open fires and a motocross track on your own property, ha forget about it. 3 lane highways that look like parking lots, the highest property taxes in the nation, an entitlement state second only to California, winters that seem 7 months long, plastic people are on the upswing, undocumented workers too, motocross tracks hrs apart and not groomed well and what seems to be the biggest bunch of tree hugging, lawyer hiring, unreasonable people on the planet. People move from NYC thinking they are moving to the country, are using their monies and political influence to ruin everything they touch or deem inappropriate to their perceived lifestyle. Come to think about it, a county in upstate NY wanted to tax cows because of the methane they expel almost killing the dairy industry there along with it. I'm afraid this mentality is sweeping the nation. We need sanctuary cities for normal hard working people! Dust is what my children will be making when they finish college and my wife and I when we retire! I Love NY! Ahhhhh not so much. Thanks for letting me vent. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Oh Fred, thanks for your service. Semper Fi!

Let me define "retire"-(Moving to a warmer climate, to work until I die.)

Edited by OTHG_DAVE_925

Ok my turn, We have plants lots of them and more water than you can shake a stick at, but we have watering bans every year. Where I live you can't have chickens, open fires and a motocross track on your own property, ha forget about it. 3 lane highways that look like parking lots, the highest property taxes in the nation, an entitlement state second only to California, winters that seem 7 months long, plastic people are on the upswing, undocumented workers too, moto cross tracks hrs apart and not groomed so well and what seems to be the biggest bunch of tree hugging, lawyer hiring, unreasonable people on the planet. People move from NYC thinking they are moving to the country are using there monies and political influence to ruin every thing they touch or deem inappropriate to their perceived lifestyle. Well no green and red stickers yet. Come to think about it, a county in upstate NY wanted to tax cows because of the methane they expel, almost killing the dairy industry there along with it. I'm afraid this mentality is sweeping the nation though. We need sanctuary cities for normal hard working people! Oh Fred, thanks for your service. Semper Fi! Dust is what my children will be making when they finish college and my wife and I when we retire! I Love NY! Ahhhhh not so much. Thanks for letting me vent. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let me define retire-( Moving to a warmer climate, to work until I die.)

Well said Dave! Your thoughts on retiring "Moving to a warmer climate, to work until I die." echo my wife's and mine. The first part hers and the second part, unfortunately, mine. :confused:

Ok my turn, We have plants lots of them and more water than you can shake a stick at, but we have watering bans every year. Where I live you can't have chickens, open fires and a motocross track on your own property, ha forget about it. 3 lane highways that look like parking lots, the highest property taxes in the nation, an entitlement state second only to California, winters that seem 7 months long, plastic people are on the upswing, undocumented workers too, moto cross tracks hrs apart and not groomed so well and what seems to be the biggest bunch of tree hugging, lawyer hiring, unreasonable people on the planet. People move from NYC thinking they are moving to the country are using there monies and political influence to ruin every thing they touch or deem inappropriate to their perceived lifestyle. Well no green and red stickers yet. Come to think about it, a county in upstate NY wanted to tax cows because of the methane they expel, almost killing the dairy industry there along with it. I'm afraid this mentality is sweeping the nation though. We need sanctuary cities for normal hard working people! Oh Fred, thanks for your service. Semper Fi! Dust is what my children will be making when they finish college and my wife and I when we retire! I Love NY! Ahhhhh not so much. Thanks for letting me vent. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let me define retire-( Moving to a warmer climate, to work until I die.)

:confused: I grew up in NJ right over the George Washington Bridge and could not wait to get out of there! People complain about CT but its 10x better to me (I'm in North CT).

I enjoy hearing other's stories. My Wife and I are are flying to Nashville on June 1st to look at property in TN to move to.

Today my Son and I went back to Pala to ride. There were a LOT of Pros there again. Pourcel, Tickle, Valee, Cunningham, M. Stewart, Larsen and many more. The track was awesome! Here's a few shots I took:

Tickle-L.jpg

Valee-L.jpg

MStewart-L.jpg

Pourcel2-L.jpg

PJLarsen-L.jpg

Let us know what you think of TN. I'm sure it beat's NY. I thought you might have gone to Glenn Helen for the USGP.

Let us know what you think of TN. I'm sure it beat's NY. I thought you might have gone to Glenn Helen for the USGP.

I would have but $50 to get in, $20 to park and $30 to get into the pits? As much as I love motocross, that's NEVER going to happen.:thumbsup:

WOW.....I have to say Steve that you shared your feelings with the group.....When its time to leave I hope you find the perfect place that makes you happy......I have only been to San Diego a few times for Harley dealer shows.......Nice place to visit....I have to travel a distance to practice and race where I live.......But I am use to that......:confused:

I enjoy hearing other's stories. My Wife and I are are flying to Nashville on June 1st to look at property in TN to move to.

Today my Son and I went back to Pala to ride. There were a LOT of Pros there again. Pourcel, Tickle, Valee, Cunningham, M. Stewart, Larsen and many more. The track was awesome! Here's a few shots I took:

Tickle-L.jpg

Valee-L.jpg

MStewart-L.jpg

Pourcel2-L.jpg

PJLarsen-L.jpg

I race in TN at Muddy Creek....it is about two hours from where I live.....TN is pretty cool..Been to Nashville a few times...thats pretty cool too......good luck