Modification to stock pipe/muffler = baffle, spark arrestor?

Okay, so I have searched high and low and am still confused. The spark arrestor is called the baffle in the owners manual, but there are at least two walls deeper into the muffler with a ~1 and one half inch hole for the exhaust to flow. When everyone is talking about drilling out the "baffle" are you referring to making a hole in the end of the spark arrestor (the first part that comes out when the three bolts are removed from the end plate) or are we talking about drilling into one or both of the plates deeper in the muffler?

I just removed the 3 screws and removed the end cap and left it that way. That way I could put it back if I wanted.

Of course now I have a Muzzy.

if the opening to the exhaust is 1 1/2" then don't worry, if the opening is 3/4" then get a 1 1/2" hole saw and remove the restrictor. make sure not to damage the spark arrestor.

Search my posts on this subject. You will get your answer. The end cap of the muffler is a spark arrestor, not the baffles. The mod i did is to be combined with the 3x3 and JD jet kit.

Search my posts on this subject. You will get your answer. The end cap of the muffler is a spark arrestor, not the baffles. The mod i did is to be combined with the 3x3 and JD jet kit.

thanks! I'll make another search

1 3/8 dia hole saw to the end cap. Just removes the smaller dia pipe from the end cap.

Useless mod - don't do it. Just makes noise.