Whats the deal?!?!? :(

I got an 07 drz400sm this past weekend and Ive rode it the past 2 days and im very dissappointed! I mean sure its fun cause its a bike but i really think I should have went back to a CBR.

It has hardly any power at all... I tried to wheelie it a few minutes ago and to even get the tire off the ground I have to dump the clucth in first gear after it almost revs out. But thats fine as I want it for better gas milage...And it has no top end...Its top end is only around 80 +/- and the bars are vibrating so hard at that speed you think their going to fall off...What is the stock gearing on these? Its like its geared low while your at top speed but low speed isnt "torquey" enough to wheelie...Im positive my trx450r would smoke this bike....POSITIVE! I dont plan on getting rid of it, but all the posts on here talk about how easy to wheelie with this is and how fast they go...yada yada yada...

SORRY HAD TO VENT

• Haha 1

I got an 07 drz400sm this past weekend and Ive rode it the past 2 days and im very dissappointed! I mean sure its fun cause its a bike but i really think I should have went back to a CBR.

It has hardly any power at all... I tried to wheelie it a few minutes ago and to even get the tire off the ground I have to dump the clucth in first gear after it almost revs out. But thats fine as I want it for better gas milage...And it has no top end...Its top end is only around 80 +/- and the bars are vibrating so hard at that speed you think their going to fall off...What is the stock gearing on these? Its like its geared low while your at top speed but low speed isnt "torquey" enough to wheelie...Im positive my trx450r would smoke this bike....POSITIVE! I dont plan on getting rid of it, but all the posts on here talk about how easy to wheelie with this is and how fast they go...yada yada yada...

SORRY HAD TO VENT

yes this bike is a little under powered compaired to most bikes. but like you said......its fun. stock gearing is 15/41. which i think is almost perfect. you could drop it down a couple teeth in the rear to smooth the hwy riding out but you would continue to loose that low end power. i never had a problem wheeling in stock form. i didnt even have to clutch it up.

I bought my DRZ after riding a ZZR600 for several years and I love the DRZ wouldn't go back to a sport bike now for anything. Mine was low on power when I first bought it, I opened up the air box and by all appearances it had never been cleaned, cleaned it, cut a hole in the top of the air box and saw an immediate improvement. Try the basics you'll find in this forum (also if yours has old gas especially if it is ethanol blend, dump and refill) and then judge it.

Oh I guess i left this out, It has:

Athena 440 kit

hotcams (both)

Fcr-mx 39

3x3 mod with k&n filter

yoshi rs2

Maybe its just me...I havent ever really rode a dirt bike much ...I rode my cbr for abour 4 years and loved it

• Haha 1

what do you weigh? Stock is a commuter,,you need to do the basics ..3x3 , jet, and pipe atleast..drop to a

14t up front..I sold my 07 r1 after getting this, the r1 felt like a tank. ive never felt this vibrating bars yo speak of.

Athena 440 kit

hotcams (both)

Fcr-mx 39

3x3 mod with k&n filter

yoshi rs2

Maybe its just me...I havent ever really rode a dirt bike much ...I rode my cbr for abour 4 years and loved it

somethings wrong here!!

Athena 440 kit

hotcams (both)

Fcr-mx 39

3x3 mod with k&n filter

yoshi rs2

Whaat???!!! somethings wrong here!!

...i think you must be doing something wrong with those specs?!

a drz with those credentials should be putting out a very decent amount of power, its the stock form thats weak.

Athena 440 kit

hotcams (both)

Fcr-mx 39

3x3 mod with k&n filter

yoshi rs2

are you sure there installed yet?

?

yes this bike is a little under powered compaired to most bikes. but like you said......its fun. stock gearing is 15/41. which i think is almost perfect. you could drop it down a couple teeth in the rear to smooth the hwy riding out but you would continue to loose that low end power. i never had a problem wheeling in stock form. i didnt even have to clutch it up.
are you sure there installed yet?

?

Defiantly something wrong, iv got videos of my piped drze embarrassing a worked out 450 quad with a 100lb lighter rider on the quad.

Athena 440 kit

hotcams (both)

Fcr-mx 39

3x3 mod with k&n filter

yoshi rs2

seriously? and you can't wheelie it? ? these things will wheelie for miles in 3rd and 4th gear bone stock.

no other comment on this thread.

but...:confused:?:worthy:?:busted:

• Haha 1

Hey dude I just came a gixxer 1000 and of course there is no comparision in power, but I didnt buy the drz for power. Mine is stock and quite easy to wheelie. I was always scared to give my gixxer full power worried I would flip it so I kind of find it easier to wheelie the drz. With all that is done to your bike it should wheelie no problem. Keep in mind no matter what you do to it the raw power will never be there like in a sportbike. Just a different mind set and styly of riding. Good luck and enjoy

I considered having the dealer do the 3x3 mod, full exhaust and fcr carb befor I even picked it up but thought it might be better to ride it stock for a bit then do those mods and then I would notice the mods. Sound like you bought it all modded up so you cant even compare it to a stock one and see how much faster yours is now. If you knew how much faster yours was you might appreciate it more

• Like 1