Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone know where to get...

an end cap for 450/505SXF for my bike? I have a '10 530EXC and am looking for one of these end caps since those have a larger hole for exhaust to go thru.

Any advise on where I can go to get one? I'd prefer a used one but haven't been having any luck finding anything that will fit.

Thanks in advance,

-Greg

Did you trim the inner end cap outlet pipe down to the welded bracket yet? 10 minute job and thats about as good as that pipe will get unless you do major surgery. Pro Moto Billit makes end caps but I think you'd be better served just buying a take off SXF can complete and installing that if you don't need an arrestor.

Yes, I've already done the surgery on the exhaust. That actually was the first thing that I did, then I did the JD jet kit. But I have noctice that the end cap on some other models have a larger hole in the end. Yes, I could cut mine up and weld in a new piece in their, but don't want a hacked up exhaust if I can help it.

TRy Chip at Munn Racing in Tx for a SXF can. It'll be lighter, full straight thru and well made and cheaper than an end cap anyway. Only thing lacking is spark arrestor which you could still add on with a Db Dawg or such and still be ahead in $ and performance.

The down side of the "Larger hole" and SX muffler is they are substantially louder.

Noise is the one thing we can control, and the one thing that turns the "average Joe" into an Anti.

You may loose some low end power with the additional flow as it will have less back pressure. But I think it should still have more than enough.

The down side of the "Larger hole" and SX muffler is they are substantially louder.

Noise is the one thing we can control, and the one thing that turns the "average Joe" into an Anti.

Agreed, which is why I recommend a Db Dawg in the end. Serves as a spark arrestor and cuts WOT sound SUBSTANTIALLY! A FMFQ4 is a great choice too but more $.

Those are some great ideas. I don't mind the sound thing but it's always nice to be able to add that if nessesary.

I figure if it does lose some bottom end it can't be much with a 530, it should have enough ummph to pull thru that.

Louder doesnt make it faster. Save your cash and spend it on gas and maintenance and ride more. I bet that will make the a lot faster than .007 Hp above 7000 RPM. JMO

If you must I went to ktmcyclehutt and used the parts fiche

77305079006 - ENDCAP 117.99

77005078065 - Packing 18.99

Thats quite a bit of gas.