Sign in to follow this  

Going Pro Dreams

Is there an influx of people asking about going Pro because SX just finished up?

I think the main thing that you should do is ride all day everyday ride hard and learn. Just my opinion that asking online and watching videos doesn't do as much as getting out there and getting dirty.

I think because it is the start of riding season for a lot of people.

One thing I have noticed, a lot of the time, it is guys that have just started riding and have never raced, or they just finished their first season in the beginner class. At the end of the day, anything is possible, but it doesn't matter what we think here at TT. If you have the money and dedication, give it a shot!

I think its some young bucks that don't know much about the world they live in, talkin cuz they can

I think KJ said it best in one of his replies...Ya either got it or ya don't...and ya wouldn't be on here talking about it if you did.

For me I cant see myself doing anything else as a career. Some people want to invest their time, effort, and money into schooling. Thats good if you want to become an office drone. In my case I cant conform to the normality of society and their views. "Free spirit" till the day I die.

For me I cant see myself doing anything else as a career. Some people want to invest their time, effort, and money into schooling. Thats good if you want to become an office drone. In my case I cant conform to the normality of society and their views. "Free spirit" till the day I die.

Never heard that before :thumbsup::worthy:

:confused:

It's called having opportunities, a contingency plan, and if you don't get an education you will be wishing you did if you ever seriously injure yourself.

It's cool that motocross is your passion, I love it too :thumbsup:, but don't take a dump on academia because it doesn't initially spark your interest, not everyone who pursues academics becomes an office drone.

It's called having opportunities, a contingency plan, and if you don't get an education you will be wishing you did if you ever seriously injure yourself.

It's cool that motocross is your passion, I love it too :thumbsup:, but don't take a dump on academia because it doesn't initially spark your interest, not everyone who pursues academics becomes an office drone.

No dumps here. I can not get enough of learning. I swear im more addicted to learning then a heroin addict to heroin.

many are called ..few are chosen .... but you won't know if you don't go ~ words to live by

• Like 1

many are called ..few are chosen .... but you won't know if you don't go ~ words to live by

Awesome words man. The best remedy to any and all of lifes speed bumps is words of wisdom.:thumbsup:

Do you really think if you have an advanced degree, you will end up in an office? Maybe you should look into higher education? :thumbsup:

"For every man that's made it, a hundred men have failed."

-Chris LeDoux

"For every man that's made it, a hundred men have failed."

-Chris LeDoux

Perfect example of life right there. I think its great that a lot of kids want to become Pro Im sure over the years I have thought about it a couple times.

Biggest thing I notice is that most of the ones posting about becoming Pro dont want to take advice about a back up plan thats whats so crazy to me.

Perfect example of life right there. I think its great that a lot of kids want to become Pro Im sure over the years I have thought about it a couple times.

Biggest thing I notice is that most of the ones posting about becoming Pro dont want to take advice about a back up plan thats whats so crazy to me.

well said. I think the younger kids forget that having your pro license and making a good living being pro are two vastly different things.

I think the reason many see you as delusional is that you haven't done anything remotely productive to attain this dream in over 5 years (by your own admission). It also seems to escape you that the events (or excuses) that kept you from doing better the last 5 years are exactly the kind of situations we all face in life. As John Lennon said "life is what happens when your busy making other plans".

I think it's healthy to have stretch goals. Sure, reach for the stars, but I guarantee you'll never reach the stars without realistic short term goals. Why not set your sights on getting your machine together, then get after making every race in whatever amateur series you choose to pursue (which already started BTW).

Focus on each race, focus on your diet/fitness, focus on improving technique, and focus on maintaining & improving your machine... Balance the events in your life to stay on track, ask advice on how to affect these things (not how to be a pro), work hard and do the best you can.

If you really want to not conform to normality and take the path least traveled, listen to those who have been where you are long ago. Definitely figure out a back-up plan, not only in the event you don't make it, but not every retired pro gets a juicy job with some factory when their too busted up to earn a living racing.

Write back in 90 days to report your progress

I think the reason many see you as delusional is that you haven't done anything remotely productive to attain this dream in over 5 years (by your own admission). It also seems to escape you that the events (or excuses) that kept you from doing better the last 5 years are exactly the kind of situations we all face in life. As John Lennon said "life is what happens when your busy making other plans".

I think it's healthy to have stretch goals. Sure, reach for the stars, but I guarantee you'll never reach the stars without realistic short term goals. Why not set your sights on getting your machine together, then get after making every race in whatever amateur series you choose to pursue (which already started BTW).

Focus on each race, focus on your diet/fitness, focus on improving technique, and focus on maintaining & improving your machine... Balance the events in your life to stay on track, ask advice on how to affect these things (not how to be a pro), work hard and do the best you can.

If you really want to not conform to normality and take the path least traveled, listen to those who have been where you are long ago. Definitely figure out a back-up plan, not only in the event you don't make it, but not every retired pro gets a juicy job with some factory when their too busted up to earn a living racing.

Write back in 90 days to report your progress

Wow, thanks man. I admire that you took the time to write this. I will be looking foreward to talking to you in 90 days! Definitly asking more focused questions in the future as well. :thumbsup:

wrong.

i went to school so i can:

-learn the skills i have today.

-have the job i have today which lets me buy any bike i'd like.

-allows me to work from home, so i can ride as much as i want.

we aren't all 'office drones' because we went to school.

wrong.

i went to school so i can:

-learn the skills i have today.

-have the job i have today which lets me buy any bike i'd like.

-allows me to work from home, so i can ride as much as i want.

we aren't all 'office drones' because we went to school.

Wrong? wait a second here.Did you happen to notice the key word in everything you wrote? "I".

Your talking about yourself here. The life "You" chose and wanted, not mine.

What works for "You and your life" isnt going to work for me and mine.

I understand that you are only trying to help here, but dont go telling someone there wrong for living their life and not for living the life that you have imagined and made for yourself.

Some people want to invest their time, effort, and money into schooling. Thats good if you want to become an office drone
Wrong? wait a second here.Did you happen to notice the key word in everything you wrote? "I".

Your talking about yourself here. The life "You" chose and wanted, not mine.

What works for "You and your life" isnt going to work for me and mine.

I understand that you are only trying to help here, but dont go telling someone there wrong for living their life and not for living the life that you have imagined and made for yourself.

You generalized those who invest in their education as someone who becomes an office drone.....For that generalization....You are wrong.