Valve Clearences

hi guys checked my clearences 2day and there on the limit

my intake are 0.10mm and exhaust are 0.20mm. would you change them so they are in the middle i.e. 0.15mm & 0.25mm ??

Bike has 12'000 miles on it

cheers rit

yeah ... reset to the middle of the range and keep watching them for any future movement

No. If they are in spec, they are in spec. Plus there are some advantages to being at the lower limit. If you have been doing regular checks with no adjustments for 12,000 miles they may go another 6 to 12 thousand before needing adjustment.

This is the first time ive checked them , don't no what they were before

Run it for another 1,000 and recheck...On the lower limit you will have a marginally longer valve opening...

Run it for another 1,000 and recheck...On the lower limit you will have a marginally longer valve opening...

^^^^^^ this plus, when you do that next check, take a few extra minutes, pull the cams and check what size shims are in there now. That way you'll know what size you'll need when it does come time to adjust. ....Or just buy a HotCams shim kit... and you'll have any size you need on hand. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys its all back together now, so will check them again in 1'000 miles :thumbsup:

he could mean 1000 klm :thumbsup:

he could mean 1000 klm :thumbsup:

Yes...If it was my bike and I would check at 1000kms....

So 600 miles, ill just check at 1000 miles its due an oil & filter change then anyway , so might aswell kill 2 birds with 1 stone :thumbsup: