Sign in to follow this  

Jr 80 issue's

Ok Guy's I'm bought a Jr 80 for my Little Guy and he has been having a ball until the Needle valve started to sick in the seat that is. At that time I pulled the carb and cleaned it up drained old gas and ordered new part's. Well the kid continued to ride and have intermittent issue's with the needle sticking. When this would happen he would tap on the carb and free it up and continue riding. I told him to wait but as Kidd's do he did not listen. I got the parts today installed them and the bike smokes very bad.

What has he done to this bike? Is there an issue with the oil pump over pumping? Or did he run the thing to lean and screw the rings up? Anyone have an issue like this?? I have to do my own repairs so a little help would be great! And you will make a little Boy very,very happy!!

Thanks

Not really that worried about the bike so much more worried about the disapointed little boy! So whats your opinion on the issue?

Ok Guy's it's sure sounding like there is an issue with the pisto and rings? Now since I have never done a top end before I was wondering how to go about doing this? What parts are needed? I am also looking for a manual for the bike also.

Ok Guy's it's sure sounding like there is an issue with the pisto and rings? Now since I have never done a top end before I was wondering how to go about doing this? What parts are needed? I am also looking for a manual for the bike also.

The dealer should be able to order a manual, or you may be able to find one online on a 'auction site'. If the top-end sounds like piston-slap then I would say put a Suzuki top-end kit in it. These come with all of the gaskets, piston/rings/circlips/wrist-pin and make sure you get the wrist-pin-bearing as well.

Run premium unleaded with a good premix.

Also, be sure to check the air-filter as well, don't clean it with gas it eats up the seams and it is a fire hazard.

Thanks for the reply! Who has the best deals on these kits? Once torn down how do I know what sized piston to go with? What kind of prep will the cylinder need? Is it worth the extra cash to go with the wiesco piston set up?

How do I check the reeds to make sUre of there condition? Sorry about all of the questions I just want to make the bike useable all summer for my little Guy he enjoys his bike very much as I did when I was young......

Thanks again!