Sign in to follow this  

What forks for 04 KX125 Hybrid?

I am starting a KX/KDX Hybrid and I am piecing it together from scratch. I have a frame and swingarm already and Im looking at suspension now. Am I limited to 04-05 kx125 forks and triples or will the front ends from other models fit? Such as 250f, 450f, RMZ?

03 will work. Having a 03 and 04 KX250, I feel that the 03 fork works better for offroad. My 04s forks just dont soak up the small stuff quite as good as my 03 did. I believe it may have something to do with the bladder style forks on the 04s. Both were revalved for eastern enduros.

You could probably put anything on that, just try to get the complete front end so you don't have to mess around with making a KX wheel fit an XX fork.

If you stick with a KX '03+ it should bolt up with no surprises or extra machine shop costs. If you go with a different front end, expect that you'll need to make some modification to the triple clamps.

It is going to sound a little strange, but if you are looking for really good woods forks, the '98 RM forks are highly rated.

If you get any type of MX fork, you'll need to get it revalved for woods. So I think I'd focus more on trying to get the best deal/best shape forks you can and let the suspension tuner make the work for you.

2006+ KX250F's have the steering stop on the opposite side of the frame, so you would need to work on that to make it happen.

All the 2003 - 2008 KX125 and KX250 stuff would work, as well as 2004 and 2005 KX250F. A KX450F front end might work as well. I have never tried to test fit one.

With any 48mm fork, you are going to have the clamps or forks hit the tank. Look at how little space there is for even the stock forks.

The steering stops should be the only issue. If it was my project, I'd pick up some twin chamber Showas from a 250F since Ebay is flooded with them. You can use the older wheel, you just need to file the caliper bracket like 1/16". I did that on one of my bikes. You also need the front brake system/line because it's routed differently.

The steering stops should be the only issue. If it was my project, I'd pick up some twin chamber Showas from a 250F since Ebay is flooded with them. You can use the older wheel, you just need to file the caliper bracket like 1/16". I did that on one of my bikes. You also need the front brake system/line because it's routed differently.

Was wondering about the twin chamber forks, one of the reasons I was asking. If the newer upgraded suspension parts fit thats the direction I would like to go.

When did the 250f get the twin chamber Showas? Same forks on the 450f?