Sign in to follow this  

FMF pipe same size size as exhaust port?

My friend just gave me his old fmf factory fatty. He had a honda cr250. Im not sure what year. My dad has a 2002 honda cr250, and the pipe fits good into the frame, no clearence issues, the bolt holes all line up, but the part where it connects to the engine ( exhaust port? ) is the same size as the pipe! I was just wondering if there is some sort of flange adaptor or somthing? Or is this just the wrong year pipe for my bike? Did honda make the exhaust port smaller or somthing after 02? Please help! :thumbsup:

Just wrong year pipe is my guess. Did you compare it to the pipe that came off of the 02 to see the difference?

the pipe you have is probebly the one, were the male end is on the cylinder(its an exhuast flange)

and the one you have, the male end is on the pipe.

are there o-rings on the outside of the header on the pipe you have?

the pipe you have is probebly the one, were the male end is on the cylinder(its an exhuast flange)

and the one you have, the male end is on the pipe.

are there o-rings on the outside of the header on the pipe you have?

Probably, it looks like there was o-rings, but there is just two groves there instead, maybe thats where the o-rings go? I thought maybe there was a flange thing that clipped on or somthing.. I guess not!

I know your bike is a CR250. I do a lot with CR80s and CR85s, I know on them they changed the head design in 2005. 1996 - 2002 CR80 and 2003 - 2004 CR85 had the head with the male end and the pipe had the female end. Required a gasket over the exhaust flange. Resulted in a lot of leakage around the exhaust flange. 2005 - 2007 CR85s had the female head and the male pipe. This has 2 O-rings on the pipe. Better seal than the previous style. Not sure when or if the 250s changed also.

Jim