Sign in to follow this  

tire mounted wrong direction?

I am looking to purchase the dr650 in this movie. Am I paranoid or is the front tire mounted in the wrong direction? Thanks for any help.

th_dr650movie.jpg

I believe it's mounted correctely. Mine's the same way. If you look on the sidewalls of the tire, you'll see 3 lines (an arrow) in the shape of a triangle. The point is showing the rotation direction. Hope that explains it.:thumbsup:

rc

The front looks right. Couldn't see the rear. But if I remember correctly the deathwings have the v-pattern reverse from whats on the front.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. As I get closer to parting with my money guess I get a little freaked out. These are Michelin Anakees by the way.

That bike looks to be a virgin, go for it. :thumbsup:

Some tires can be run reversed without bad consequences. Others, not so much. I've just turned around my rear Avon Distanzia to even up the wear some. No real problems. In the wet is mainly where a reversed tire could react poorly ... as the sipes are designed to channel away water. Reversing can sometimes mess that up.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. As I get closer to parting with my money guess I get a little freaked out. These are Michelin Anakees by the way.

You wouldn't not consider a machine just because someone mounted a tire in the wrong orientation would you? :thumbsup:

You wouldn't not consider a machine just because someone mounted a tire in the wrong orientation would you?

That's what I was thinking, you people are too nice around here!