Sign in to follow this  

Do not ride with missing spokes!!!!

AS SAID DO NOT RIDE WITH MISSING SPOKES

DOSEN'T MATTER THAT THE REST ARE TIGHT

DON'T BE A RETARD OR WIND UP RETARDED IR YOU'RE MISSING A SPOKE REPLACE IT BEFORE YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE WHOLE WHEEL

STOP ASKING :thumbsup:

Edited by terrobelone
BLACK PPL

If I never rode without a broken spoke or two...I'd have missed out on a LOT of riding. Just be real about it. A spoke or two isn't likely to cause catastrophic damage. Flat tires are most likely. More often than not, a broken spoke can be ziptyed to the adjacent spoke where they cross. This is more of trailside remedy than a fix. It keeps it from flopping around and doing other damage. I've had random luck with flats when I chanced another ride without repairing broken spokes. In cases that I didn't have a spoke to replace the broken one, I've removed it and ridden without. Unless you're doing something extreme, a wheel won't have a catastrophic failure cuz it's missing 2-3 random spokes.

for the hearing impaired:

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING WHEN A SPOKE IS 'BROKE'

Just my experience

:thumbsup:

If I never rode without a broken spoke or two...I'd have missed out on a LOT of riding. Just be real about it. A spoke or two isn't likely to cause catastrophic damage. Flat tires are most likely. More often than not, a broken spoke can be ziptyed to the adjacent spoke where they cross. This is more of trailside remedy than a fix. It keeps it from flopping around and doing other damage. I've had random luck with flats when I chanced another ride without repairing broken spokes. In cases that I didn't have a spoke to replace the broken one, I've removed it and ridden without. Unless you're doing something extreme, a wheel won't have a catastrophic failure cuz it's missing 2-3 random spokes.

for the hearing impaired:

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING WHEN A SPOKE IS 'BROKE'

Just my experience

:thumbsup:

the op would have loved to see my ttr125

I was 14 years old, loved to ride bike, I think at one point I was missing 4 out of the rear and 2 out of the front :confused:

it is none the less retaded to ride with missing spokes.

sure,if your out riding and brake one, o well, fix it to your best ability. then keep on riding.

when you get home, FIX THAT SHIT

Sound's like the original poster suffered a horrible crash from a damaged wheel. How else could you explain the preschool spelling?

Sound's like the original poster suffered a horrible crash from a damaged wheel. How else could you explain the preschool spelling?

pure frustration

lol i raced a whole season on my 125 with the wheel missing one spoke. i had it trued as best as it could be. i survived.... although i got this twitch now......

I lace wheels on the side... And I can say for a fact that riding 2-3 motos will not hurt the rim. I have people come in all the time and tell me they've rode on it 2-3 motos. I even tell them the spokes are good, but it seems they always insist I replace ALL of them. oh well.. money for me

I'm missing ALL of the spokes on my front wheel, can I still ride it?

NO WAY!...You're gonna need at least three or four in there! Haha

I'm on a 5 day trip and didn't bring any oil but my bike is pretty dry after 2 days of riding...Is it ok if I ride for 3 more days without any oil? Oh and the radiators are only about half full, but it's Engine Ice and you're not supposed to mix water with that, so I'm just gonna leave it as is...Since it's Engine Ice, it should be OK...

• Like 1

I'm on a 5 day trip and didn't bring any oil but my bike is pretty dry after 2 days of riding...Is it ok if I ride for 3 more days without any oil? Oh and the radiators are only about half full, but it's Engine Ice and you're not supposed to mix water with that, so I'm just gonna leave it as is...Since it's Engine Ice, it should be OK...

haha best thread highjack ever:lol: