Reasons to stick with carb?

Ive noticed a pattern in mags like mxa that after a efi bike comes out they lose alot of top or bottom end power which made me think shouldnt we stick with carbs then? im going by the 250f tests. like the 09 crf250r they said was an amazing bike only a few minor changes they would have liked to make, they also said that it would have beat any bike from 2010.

fuel injection does everything better.

Does an EFI CRF450 work better when the temps get below -10 degrees (ice racing)? I started a thread a week ago hoping you'd chime in.

I know its crazy to race when its that cold, but here in WI, we do!

yes,works better.

fuel injection does everything better.

I know that efi helps with jetting, cause my 250f with a carb is a killer to start, plus bogs at times when trying to rocket out of a turn. But going with efi and losing some power in the engine, is it worth it? also some bikes turned into pigs like the yz450f.

But going with efi and losing some power in the engine, is it worth it? also some bikes turned into pigs like the yz450f.

total nonsense.

So your saying that the power in the engines are almost the same as the carb'd bikes?

more in most cases.

thank you very much man. Haha do you think most shootouts and tests are a bunch of crap? im thinking they get a little money under the table

Think for a minute. Are the guys that write articles wrenches or writers?

thank you very much man. Haha do you think most shootouts and tests are a bunch of crap? im thinking they get a little money under the table

All bikes, carb or EFI, come from the factory in a state of tune that is easiest and least expensive to the Manufacturer.

Almost every bike, Carb or EFI, needs tuning beyond the way it is delivered.

WAY beyond.

When you buy a dirtbike, you are buying a 'platform' from which to build on.

All bikes, carb or EFI, come from the factory in a state of tune that is easiest and least expensive to the Manufacturer.

Almost every bike, Carb or EFI, needs tuning beyond the way it is delivered.

WAY beyond.

When you buy a dirtbike, you are buying a 'platform' from which to build on.

Please could you enlighten all the users of this forum as to why they have to go out and buy a bike that has countless hours of development spent on it getting it ready for resale to the general public ?????????

Firstly nearly all come with suspension that is just about ideal for the masses

Secondly all modern day engines are very much on par with one another give or take a 1/2 hp or so, most are jetted spot on from the factory and the efi models are now pretty well spot on

Yes a lot of people love a bit of bling but most of this is just bling and serves no performance gains at all other than to save a gram or two

If you take the worlds fastest riders they will have there motors worked on by the factory- pro curcuit- ect ect ect but the average guys and girls would find most of these things unridable to them

I dont know about you but I cant afford to pull my motor down every 15 hours or so for a rebuild so choose to stay as stock as possible to keep them as reliable as the factory designed them

Most people racer or trail rider has no hope of riding a modern day bike to its limits and most moan there bikes are to fast for them so please please tell us all as to why these things need tuning way way beyond there reliable stock setting

Please could you enlighten all the users of this forum as to why they have to go out and buy a bike that has countless hours of development spent on it getting it ready for resale to the general public ?????????

Firstly nearly all come with suspension that is just about ideal for the masses

Secondly all modern day engines are very much on par with one another give or take a 1/2 hp or so, most are jetted spot on from the factory and the efi models are now pretty well spot on

Yes a lot of people love a bit of bling but most of this is just bling and serves no performance gains at all other than to save a gram or two

If you take the worlds fastest riders they will have there motors worked on by the factory- pro curcuit- ect ect ect but the average guys and girls would find most of these things unridable to them

I dont know about you but I cant afford to pull my motor down every 15 hours or so for a rebuild so choose to stay as stock as possible to keep them as reliable as the factory designed them

Most people racer or trail rider has no hope of riding a modern day bike to its limits and most moan there bikes are to fast for them so please please tell us all as to why these things need tuning way way beyond there reliable stock setting

Simple.

Bikes come jetted for sea level, 50% humidity, 30 inches of mercury and 68 degrees. If those values are different where you ride, you need to adjust your jetting. Also, the jetting is set up for an true A evel/pro rider. If you are not a racer only of that level, other tweaks are needed.

Bikes suspension is also set up for an A level/pro rider of 155 pounds in body weight who races MX. If you vary from this, you need to adjust to suit.

Bikes are designed for a rider of 5' 10" tall with an inseam of 32". If your body measurements are differnt, you need to adjust to suit.

I could go on...

Yes William a very good reply but I /we wanted Krannie to answer it as there was a round of beers as to who got closest to the answer given :thumbsup: now it looks like I have to get the first round :confused: Oh this is not a personal dig at Krannie or any other member but such a bold statement should have to our minds a reason for stating it

That means you owe me a beer too.

'Bold statements' are often made to cut to the chase. Not everyone wants a verbose response.

Next time you want a specific person to answer a question, PM them. Do not post it in a thread, certainly not as a hijack like this ended up being.

just like stock jetting is never right neither is the fuel injection mapping.

some years they get closer than others.