Fuel Screw (aftermarket)

Which fuel screw is best to replace the stock one on 2004 CRF250x? Brass vs aluminum? T screw vs otherwise? Brand names and experience are greatly appreciated.

I use the Flex-a-jet needle. It's the only one that you can use sitting on your bike, it's easy and works great. The only down side I have heard of but never experienced and I've had 2 is that they can can become stuck. If you're concerned about it, I would either use a touch of anti-seize or give it a twist back and forth every few months.

I keep buying the t handle from Kouba, just always had good luck with them.

Flex a jet is best. Nothing else is even close.

i dont remember what one i have but im gonna get the flex a jet one soon,i still cant adjust mine that easy though its easier than stock,i havent needed to adjust it after i jetted it but all the same i would like to do it easy if a had to lol

I run the Brass T-handle from Kouba. I read here somewhere to stay away from the Aluminum ones as they are softer than Brass and can deform if you bottom them out.

brass for me too. the flex one would be nice, but i get by with my t-handle just fine.

Flex jet. Would not have any other. You can adjust on the fly.

Flex a jet. Just installed it yesterday, love it.

I have one by Pro Circuit and don't like it. It is one of the aluminum ones and is very hard to adjust. It has a knurled surface but I still have a tough time getting it to spin. I usually use pliers and have managed to wear off the number marks that are on the knurled surface.

yep, the ones with a round knob take 2 fingers to turn. T handle you can just push or pull with one finger easily. My only problem with the flex is the can sometimes get fouled and not turn , like the idle speed cable does, but then maybe you don't ride in the same junk I do....?

I have one by Pro Circuit and don't like it. It is one of the aluminum ones and is very hard to adjust. It has a knurled surface but I still have a tough time getting it to spin. I usually use pliers and have managed to wear off the number marks that are on the knurled surface.

The 250x i just got has a similar one fitted and it was almost impossible to turn with 2 x fingertips, i ended up slackening the boot bands and twisted the bottom of the carb out a little, making an adjustment then re-aligning and tightening between each adjustment:bonk: Sort of defeats the whole object of fitting it really:banghead:

The flex jet sounds the best way of doing adjustments when out on the trail:thumbsup:

+3 (or is it 4) for the T handle. I've got an STX with a square head on my bike and put the T handle on my son's. His is a snap to turn...I need 2 fingers on mine, but at least I can turn it and the square head makes it easy to know how much I've turned it. So the square is better than round...but T is better yet.

Can you adjust the T handle screw when the bike is running? If not then the T Handle design is inferior to the Flex jet.

Can you adjust the T handle screw when the bike is running? If not then the T Handle design is inferior to the Flex jet.

Yes....and you can adjust the square headed one too while its running. T handle is much easier though because don't need to get a finger behind it. Just stick a finger in there and either pull on one side or push the other....or use two fingers. Couldn't be easier unless could do it from seat of bike.

Now...for those of you in the gutter....thats NOT what I was talking about :smirk:!!

Dave